Jhpiego, an Affiliate of Johns Hopkins University is a global leader in improving healthcare services for women and their families. In collaboration with some it's partners, Save the Children International (SCI), Pediatric Association of Nigeria (PAN), Nigeria Society of Neonatal Medicine (NISONM), Society of Gynecology and Obstetrics of Nigeria (SOGON) and National Association of Nigerian Nurses and Midwives (NANNM), will be implementing a USAID funded global cooperative agreement called the Maternal and Child Survival Program (MCSP).
The program's goal is to contribute significantly to ending preventable maternal and child deaths (EPMCD) in Nigeria. The five year project which started in October 2014 will end in September 2019 and will be implemented in Kogi and Ebonyi States of Nigeria.
Job Title: Human Resources Assistant
- The HR Assistant will report to the Human Resources Manager.
- S/He Will assist with the administration of the day-to-day operations of the human resources functions and duties.
- The successful candidate will act as the liaison between the department and staff, ensuring smooth communication and prompt resolution of all queries.
- S/He will also assist in coordinating HR policies, processes and relevant documents.
- Assists in posting vacancies, preparation and organization of job applications, and participating in preliminary shortlisting per established criteria for some positions.
- Drafts inductions schedules to new hires, and gets them confirmed.
- Prepare welcome packages for new hires including policies, guidelines and manuals as per the established checklist.
- Monitors due dates for introductory performance reviews of new hires, enrollment for and maturity of staff life and medical polices.
- Ensures personnel files (including hard copies) are maintained per checklist electronically or on online basis in iCIMS & JEMS.
- Assists in the maintenance and updating of consultants’ database, and also temporary hires.
- Supports the provision of HR related information as requested by responsible bodies including staff, donors and partners.
- Assists in tracking staff insurance claims and other cases liaising with the Insurer;
- Checks medical reimbursements of staff and dependents for completeness and files claims to the Insurer for refund; follows up whether these claims are reimbursed in time;
- Assists in the implementation of HR policies as outlined in the Jhpiego Nigeria Employment Policy Manual;
- Assists and alerts the HR Manager on any new developments with regard to local and international provisions as applicable to the HR management and functions.
- B.Sc. degree in Business Administration, Human Resources Management or related field.
- 3-4 years proven experience in Human Resources functions.
- Knowledge of international and USG donor agencies and private sector foundations.
- Basic Knowledge of Nigerian Labour Law.
- Membership of CIPM/SHRM is desired and will be an added advantage.
- Experience working in an iNGO.
- Experience working in a busy office
- Computer skills including demonstrated hands on-experience with MS Word, MS PowerPoint, and MS Excel,
- Proficiency in both written and spoken English
- Abroad variety of administrative and office management.
- A team player with experience working in a multi-cultural environment.
- Be self-motivated, proactive and have a positive attitude to work requiring minimum supervision.
- Excellent organizational skills including the ability to handle a variety of assignments sometimes under pressure of deadlines.
- Be cooperative, hardworking, flexible & dependable.
- Ability to communicate effectively, instilling trust and confidence.
- Pleasant, warm. and outgoing personality.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Be of high integrity and have a sense of confidentiality
- Be willing to take on extra responsibilities in order to achieve the goals/objectives set by the organization.
- Must be flexible and able to work independently and as part ofa team.
29th December, 2016.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit an Application letter and a CV's as one single word document to: [email protected] The title/subject of your email and application should be the position you have applied for.
- All staff members of Jhpiego, regardless of the level of their responsibilities are expected to:
- Model the mission and values stated above
- Participate in the business development processes
- Contribute to the knowledge sharing and transfer process
- Make responsible decisions that result in time and cost containment and clear accountability
- Participate in multiple teams, adopt team spirit, take responsibility for action items assigned and provide feedback as needed
- Multitask, be able to manage competing priorities and be able to prioritize in order to meet program and/or organizational objectives
- Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an interview.
- Please note that any successful candidate will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
This post first appeared on Current Vacancies, Jobs In Nigeria, Latest Employm, please read the originial post: here