Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is an international non-governmental organization supporting relief and development work in over 100 countries around the world. CRS programs assist persons on the basis of need, regardless of creed, ethnicity or nationality. CRS works through local church and non-church partners to implement its programs.
Therefore, strengthening and building the capacity of these partner organizations is fundamental to our approach in every country in which CRS operates. CRS re-established its presence in Nigeria in 2000 and currently focuses on agriculture, governance, peacebuilding and Health/HIV programming.
Job Title: MEAL Manager
- The position will be responsible for coordinating the M&E strategy and implementation, and supporting the systems to collate and analyze data.
- S/he will oversee the monitoring of partner performance, support and strengthen partners, and will be responsible for knowledge management.
- S/he will be experienced in collating and analyzing data, and designing M&E tools.
- S/he will have technical experience in training and quality.
- Work with the M&E Director, Program Director and technical leads to identify, design and/or integrate additional “wrap around services”.
- Promote and facilitate innovation through capacity building and motivation of implementing partners
- Along with the MED, periodically review progress and achievements of the project to identify bottlenecks and recommend appropriate actions to maintain the program on target
- Support to ensure that the M&E system provides accurate and timely data for quarterly, semi-annual and annual project reports to USAID and the GON.
- Support the development and management of the project Performance Management Plan (PMP) working in close collaboration with the MED
- Ensure project reporting system is correctly used by CRS and CSOs: correct data entered into the system so that accurate reports are generated for the USG, FGN and States.
- Support the roll-out and implementation of ICT4D solutions and ensure effective training and use amongst sub-recipients and field volunteers.
- Ensure productive use of the data by working with the program technical staff, identify and document programmatic successes, best practices, challenges, and opportunities for learning, formative, special studies and operational research.
- Manage the implementation of system for capturing and documenting data and relevant information on project activities, beneficiaries, outputs, outcomes, and impacts based on the project proposal, implementation/M&E plan, and donor reporting requirements
- Work with partners and state teams to maintain reporting processes to ensure that all information and data is collected, documented, and collated in an accurate and timely manner.
- Support the conduct of periodic supportive supervision and Data Quality Assessment visits to partners, and communities
- Ensure programming is aligned to targets and indicators contained in project proposal
- Provide on-going support to partners, and communities to maintain M&E systems; identify skill gaps that can be addressed in subsequent trainings, supervisory or mentoring visits.
- Analyze information about the program and make recommendations for improvement.
- Assist MED in carrying out specific training, support, and other capacity building activities in routine and specifically designed data management.
- Support the dissemination of quality data for decision making and feedback through regular information sharing with stakeholders and beneficiaries.
- Support the evaluation and other research activities during the implementation of the project.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the Monitoring & Evaluation Director
Qualifications and Skills
- Master Degree in Behavioral or Social Sciences.
- At least five years of working experience in M &E
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Experience in other statistical package (SPSS) will be of advantage
- Understanding of faith-based organizations and capacity-building in local partnerships
- Experience in staff development and partner capacity
- Understanding of U.S Government grant provisions, policies and guidelines, including reporting requirements and Caritas agencies
- Fluency in Hausa language is desirable
- Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff):
- These are rooted in the mission, values, and principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and to achieve the desired results:
- Serves with Integrity
- Models Stewardship
- Cultivates Constructive Relationships
- Promotes Learning
21st December, 2016.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should download the "Application Form Below" and send with a detailed 3-page resume in a single file word document to: [email protected] Title of the position must be stated as the subject of the email.
Click here to download Application Form (MS Word)
This post first appeared on Current Vacancies, Jobs In Nigeria, Latest Employm, please read the originial post: here