Bridge International Academies was conceived in 2007 out of the belief that giving every child access to a high quality education would have the greatest impact on reducing poverty worldwide. With that guiding insight, Bridge International developed a strategy that would enable it to launch a large-scale network of high-quality, ultra low-cost, for-profit primary schools.
Operating a network of schools supported by a strong central headquarters gives Bridge International the scale, experience, and capacity to invest in systems of management, support, training, and innovation that allows individual schools to dramatically increase their effectiveness.
Job Title: Construction Project Manager
- The Construction Project Manager shall be responsible for the successful completion of site works in time, within set budgets and to specification using a highly consistent, efficient and effective formally systematised methodology.
- Pre-start process including review of the initial site appraisals, site layouts, site preparation details and budgets and statutory approval documentation.
- In charge of site preparation processes, programmes organisation.
- Start-up of site work including organising site visits, site staff travel, site work pre-requisites, site documentation and site foremen deployment.
- On-site work planning and organisation, site instructions and site inspections, work certification; on-site trouble shooting and problem solving, handover and project shut down.
- Participating in facilitating training, work study and staff management.
- Inter-departmental communications including periodic reporting, construction updates and correspondence.
- Provide feedback on design and process standardisation including design of process, procedures and tools; determination of labour resource requirements; review of designs, drawings and contracts; and feedback on design implementation and buildability.
Experience and Qualifications
- Minimum 10 years experience in a busy and dynamic work environment.
- Handled multiple projects in multiple locations concurrently.
- Degree in any of the building and construction professions; Architecture, Quantity Surveying, Civil & Structural Engineering, Building Construction or equivalent
- Master’s degree in Construction Management, Project management shall be an added advantage.
- Relevant Professional registration
- Excellent MS Project (or other) knowledge & skills
- Excellent MS Office package skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Systems and formal standardisation orientation
- Ability to synthesize complex ideas into simple concise instructions for dissemination
- Problem solving/decision making
- Information gathering skills
- Analytical and interpretation skills
- Excellent people management skills
- Ability to be adaptable and flexible
This post first appeared on Current Vacancies, Jobs In Nigeria, Latest Employm, please read the originial post: here