African Industries is a diversified West African Conglomerate that employs over 4,000 people from over 10 countries. The Group has operations in eight locations in Nigeria, distributes products in several West African countries and is increasing investment in neighboring countries. Its origins lie in trading soft and hard commodities imported from Europe and Asia. The Group’s activities in Nigeria are now entering their fifth decade.
Investments in manufacturing commenced with the reforms instituted to support industry in the early 2000’s in Nigeria – as democracy was established.
Job Title: Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
- Review of Quarterly accounting Statements, Quarterly Business Plan , Monthly Profit & Loss Account and Monthly Cash Budgets
- Ensure the deadlines for completing various reports are being met
- Provide support to Unit Accountants and ensure smooth relationship with Unit CEO’s
- Ensure the appropriate KRA’s and KPI’s are being set for Accounts, Finance and Tax department and proper monitoring system is in place
- Mentoring & Coaching of staff in the department
- Ensure efficiency and effectiveness of outsourced Internal Audit function
- To help Group CFO in developing strategy for the department and achieving targets set
- Ensure Compliance with the Lenders requirements
- Operational and External Risk Management
- Ensuring timely refund of excess charges by the Banks
- Formalizing control matrix and periodical review of control matrix
- Co-ordinate with Group CFO on Manpower requirement
- A Chartered Accountant/ ACCA with at least 15 years of experience ( at least 7 years of heading Finance Function of reasonable size manufacturing Unit).
- Experience of handling multiple units
- Experience of managing the accounting functions of manufacturing units.
- Should have experience of handling implementation of ERP
- Maturity and leadership skills are prerequisite for the position
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Structured working style
- Analytical mind
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft office especially Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Power point
- Presentable and good communication skills
This post first appeared on Current Vacancies, Jobs In Nigeria, Latest Employm, please read the originial post: here