Amersham, Giant Recruitment
As the Financial Controller, you will have a significant strategic input into business planning and will be responsible for key areas of our clients multi-site, primary care organisation dealing with key areas from management reporting to financial control across 45 sites. This is a unique opportunity to work within the primary care sector where previous primary care experience is not essential however experience controlling finances across multiple sites is key. This is a key role where you will play an active role in managing the company's finances, as well as offering commercial insight for future projects and improving financial performance.
Established over 12 years ago, our client has a vision for improving the delivery of primary care, working with local teams to run quality GP surgeries, walk-in centres and community based outpatient clinics on behalf of the NHS.
Our clients' business plan dictates that roles within the Finance & Commercial team will be fast moving and varied. As well as providing high quality accounting and management information to the business, the function is also responsible for all commercial aspects of our clients' activities and, as such, members of the team will be involved in supporting commercial / contract negotiations and procurement activities.
Our client is required to produce accurate monthly financial information by the end of working day 5 to its public company shareholder. Process efficiency and rigour in this regard are a key component for the success of Finance & Commercial team. This role has a significant amount of responsibility and accountability in this regard and innovation and improvement of the process is an ongoing requirement.
The Financial Controller will take ownership of the finance function. This is a hands-on role and the candidate will be fully or partly CIMA/ACA/ACCA or CIPFA qualified. The Controller will be responsible for accounting, reporting, analysis of financial results, forecasting, financial risk management and financial control for the organisation and its 45 sites.
Profile, Tasks and Responsibilities
- Responsibility for the delivery of accurate, transparent and meaningful Group Management Accounts.
- Summarise financial information and queries which will frequently be complex in respect of expenditure trends and budget variances.
- Preparation of highly complex electronic spread sheets to monitor and present financial information.
- Preparation of rolling thirteen-week cash flow forecasts, together with variance analysis to Budget cash flow.
- Preparation of group month-end performance pack including profit / loss, balance sheet & cash flow and assisting Head of Finance with commentary of key variances identified.
- Management of the preparation of group and subsidiary balance sheets on a monthly basis, ensuring in particular that all appropriate liabilities are accrued for and all control accounts are prepared in-line with the group schedules.
- Assisting with the preparation of Group and Subsidiary statutory accounts on a timely basis for submission to the Group Board and Companies House.
- Management of adherence to the Group Controls and Responsibilities matrix.
- Management of adherence to the Group Treasury Controls and Procedures schedule.
- Management of the Invoice Discounting Funding facility.
- Preparation of supporting documentation and schedules in relation to the external audit and coordinating work streams within the team to deliver an effective & efficient audit.
- Oversight of supporting documentation and schedules in relation to the tax computations of the group.
- Line management responsibility for the Senior Management Accountant, Financial Accountant, and Payroll & Pensions Managers including carrying out Personal Development Reviews, training/development, interviewing and disciplinary action.
- First class communication skills in dealing with stakeholders of the business.
Provide support to the Head of Finance as required to ensure the delivery of a comprehensive finance & commercial service.
- Assist Head of Finance with development and maintenance of business forecasting and budgetary statement reporting.
- Assist Head of Finance with achievement of cash flow plan.
- Deputise in the absence of the Head of Finance when required.
£50,000-60,000 Dependent on Experience
Top of Form
If you would like to be considered for this post or wish to receive a full job specification, please use the 'Apply' section below and attach your latest CV. Or, you can talk to us in confidence about this opportunity on 0113 350 1308.
We are looking to fill the post as soon as possible although the practice is happy to wait for the right candidate & notice period.
Giant specialise purely in appointing within primary care. View what others have said of their experience with them here: http://www.giantrecruitment.com/testimonials