Amersham, Giant Recruitment
As the Senior Management Accountant, you will be responsible for key areas of our clients multi-site, primary care organisation dealing with key areas from management reporting to financial control across 45 sites. This is a unique opportunity to work within the primary care sector. Previous primary care experience is not essential however experience controlling finances and management reporting across multiple sites is key to this role.
Established over 12 years ago, our client has a vision for improving the delivery of primary care, working with local teams to run quality GP surgeries, walk-in centres and community based outpatient clinics on behalf of the NHS.
Our clients' business plan dictates that roles within the Finance & Commercial team will be fast moving and varied. As well as providing high quality accounting and management information to the business, the function is also responsible for all commercial aspects of our clients' activities and, as such, members of the team will be involved in supporting commercial / contract negotiations and procurement activities.
Our client is required to produce accurate monthly financial information by the end of working day 5 to its public company shareholder. Process efficiency and rigour in this regard are a key component for the success of Finance & Commercial team. This role has a significant amount of responsibility and accountability in this regard and innovation and improvement of the process is an ongoing requirement.
The Senior Management Accountant will report to the Financial controller and head of finance to assist with running the finance function for the group across 45 sites based from the head office. This is a hands-on role and the candidate will be fully or partly CIMA/ACA/ACCA or CIPFA qualified. The Senior Management Accountant will be responsible for assisting the financial team with accounting, reporting, analysis of financial results, forecasting, financial risk management and financial control for the organisation and its subsidiaries.
Profile, Tasks and Responsibilities
- Responsibility for the timely production of accurate, transparent and meaningful management accounts for the Surgeries, Services, Complex Care & Corporate trading divisions.
- Analyse and investigate financial information and queries which will frequently be complex in respect of expenditure trends and budget variances.
- Proactive management of budgets through regular meetings with key stakeholders including site managers, Business Managers and Directors.
- To be the first point of contact for all divisional queries and to attend meetings as required to support business operations.
- Continually develop management reporting in order to provide timely, accurate and easily interpreted financial reports, requiring high level of proficiency in Excel and other business applications.
- To have a thorough understanding of the trading activities of the group including revenue and cost drivers.
- To provide management oversight of the weekly KPI gross margin reporting process.
- To ensure the effective coordination and allocation of tasks within the management accounts team and being responsible for those tasks that are more complex in nature.
- Line management responsibility for two Management Accounts Assistants and one Accounts Assistant within the Management Accounts team including carrying out Personal Development Reviews, training/development, interviewing and disciplinary action.
- Assist the Financial Controller & Financial Planning Analyst to develop / maintain budgets and forecasts.
- Assist with achievement of cash flow plan.
- Assist with contract performance negotiations / reconciliations.
£42,500-47,500 Dependent on Experience
Top of Form
If you would like to be considered for this post or receive a full job specification, please use the 'Apply' section below and attach your latest CV. Or, you can talk to us in confidence about this opportunity on 0113 350 1308.
We are looking to fill the post as soon as possible although the practice is happy to wait for the right candidate & notice period.
Giant specialise purely in appointing within primary care. View what others have said of their experience with them here: http://www.giantrecruitment.com/testimonialsBottom of Form