City of London, WorldPay
Senior Java Developer - Test Automation Tools
Worldpay - do you know who we are? You may or may not, but billions of transactions a year are made using our payments processes, whether via a card machine or online. Our systems enable our customers large and small to process their customers' payments so they can grow their business. This could be your local supermarket where you do your weekly shop or your favourite airline when you book tickets to New York.
The Senior Java Developer will ensure efficient, effective and economic development of a number of software tools for the test team, using appropriate strategies and techniques. They will maintain and enhance the current toolset and work as part of the test automation tools team. The Java Developer will also gather requirements from the testers in order to design and develop software tools that can help in difficult tasks, and automate repetitive tasks whilst Integrating closely with the development groups to understand the product set being tested. The tools team has adopted lean/agile development methods. Therefore practical experience of these would be an asset.
Key Role Deliverables:
- Design and develop new modules for the existing automation tools.
- Design and develop new tools capable of analysing files of various formats, databases and message queues.
- Be capable of maintaining the existing toolset, fixing defects, and providing enhancements.
- Provide help and support to the test team, with regards to the tools, and the components the tools interact with.
- Mentor junior team members, where required.
- An ability to work effectively with limited direct supervision.
- Team player with good interpersonal/communication skills.
- Sound understanding and experience of software development lifecycle.
- Demonstrates initiative and anticipates needs.
- Sound problem solving ability.
- Attention to detail.
- Capable of dealing effectively with unexpected situations and overcoming problems.
- An ability to understand complex infrastructures and complex code structures.
- Solid commercial Java and JEE experience (JMS/JDBC desirable).
- Proven experience in developing file/batch processing systems.
- Working knowledge of Multithreading as in Blocking queues and latches.
- Good low level understanding of how data structures are represented as bytes.
- Experience of file I/O programming, especially with regards to extremely large binary files.
- Strong knowledge and experience of the Spring Framework.
- Proven knowledge of Maven/Ant/JUnit/Mockito, and the concept of continuous integration (Jenkins).
- Strong knowledge of version control system (preferably GIT/Gerrit).
- Knowledge of design patterns/UML.
- Knowledge of XML frameworks.
- Business knowledge of Payment systems.
Other Desirable Role Requirements:
- Advanced PL/SQL development.
- Shell scripting (bash).
- Fundamentals of DB Management.
- Experience of working closely with test teams would be a definite plus.
Worldpay is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.