Top 5 Best Blogging Platform To Make Money Online In 2019
If you want to know how to start a blog same as like your favorite blog. The blog you want to create and write all your expert knowledge in it. Then you may be wondering which is the best blogging platform to make money, use and which will be suitable for your niche.
Some are the free blogging platform and some are paid versions. Some blogging platforms provide free hosting.
Best Blogging Platform
In this article, I will describe which is the best blogging platform to make money online in 2019.
You can find the best blogging platform here. I will help you to choose the most popular blogging platforms.
Here is the list of best blogging platforms in 2019.
- #1. WordPress.org
- #2. Medium
- #3. WordPress.com
- #4. Wix
- #5. Weebly
WordPress.Org is one of the most popular blogging software. It is widely used in 34% of the total websites developed on the web online. With Wordpress, you can create just a simple static website or as complex as a website like a news magazine.
Above all, it is free and open-source content management software(CMS).
It was created in 2003 by Mike Little and Matt Mullenweg.
WordPress has powerful features like Customizable designs, plugin architecture, template system, beautiful designs, SEO Friendly, Responsive mobile sites, high performance, easily manageable, high security, powerful media management, easy to learn and use.
These features make WordPress not only the popular blogging platform but also the first choice of software for bloggers.
How to Get Started with WordPress.org?
First of all, you have to download WordPress for this site. After your download is finished you can install it on your desktop for offline use or on the server for online use. Read my detailed article on how to start a blog here. You need a purchase separate domain name and blog web hosting Server space.
Pros of WordPress.org
- Very powerful blogging Software which includes over 54000 plugins including beautiful WordPress themes.
- Very easy to learn and customize.
- Full control over design and development of a blog.
- Free and premium WordPress themes are available to customize the look and feel as per your requirements.
- A large number of community members are available to support if you are in trouble.
- This is open source and free software.
- You can monetize your blog with Google Adsense or Affiliate Marketing.
Cons of WordPress.org
- To start a blog you need the domain name and separate web hosting.
- You have to manage the security and backup of your blog.
Related: How to Get Started with a WordPress Blog?
Medium is an online blog publishing platform which was founded in 2012. On Medium you can write a blog post and as well as you can write a complete publication.
You can read, follow and interact with other writers. You can share your articles with other readers. This is truly a simple platform to start with. A newbie blogger can be more comfortable with the medium. It doesn’t have any fancy plugins or themes. It is just known for writer’s comfort.
As you can see above comparison chart over 5 years the medium is slowly gaining more popularity over WordPress as a blogging platform. You can Sign Up Medium by filling the following form.
You can add a new blog post by clicking New Story on top right corner icon. I am showing this in the below image.
As you can see in the image there are limited editing options available. So you cannot create advanced and fancy looking blog posts. But it is simpler to use.
Pros of Medium
- It has a clean and intuitive format for a writer. Easy and simple to use.
- Useful for newbie bloggers. Can focus on content writing.
- Share and follow other’s writing work on medium.
- You can enroll in the medium partnership program. You can earn money monthly by writing quality work.
Cons of Medium
- Limited or no advanced editing options in the post editor.
- Only can be hosted on Medium.com platform.
- Limited control over the content.
- No other monetization is possible other than only Medium Partner program.
Related: Best Web Hosting Service Provider for your blog.
If you want to start a free blog, then WordPress.com is the platform to start with. WordPress.com is a popular commercially hosted blogging platform. It is based on the WordPress Engine.
It has more powerful editing options than Medium and ease of use.
A free version is available but no monetization is possible in that case. You can get “yourdomain.wordpress.com”, similar kind of domain name. Which cannot be monetized and lacks the branding of your own company.
The free plan comes with a lot of limitations. If you want to monetize your site then you need to purchase from the premium plans available.
You can see below the pricing options available.
Pros of WordPress.com
- No Setup required. As this platform comes with a lot of built-in functionality.
- Select the free or flexible pricing plan.
- No need to backup and security of your website.
Cons of WordPress.com
- Can’t monetize your free blog with Google Adsense or Any other affiliate marketing.
- You have to purchase a premium plan to add a custom domain name and web hosting.
- The transfer of your site can be very expensive other than the WordPress.com platform.
Wix is specifically a drag and drop website builder. But it also allows you to create a blog website, business website, and an e-commerce site for your personal use or business purpose.
You can choose from the list of beautiful templates for the website design. It has more features like Free hosting, domain connection, 500MB+ Storage, Google Analytics, premium support, and no setup fees when you go for Premium plans.
Pros of Wix
- You can create a website with drag and drop website builder.
- You can choose from hundreds of website templates.
- Can create a simple website, as well as an e-commerce store.
Cons of Wix
- The free version comes with Wix branding unless you purchase premium plans.
- It is suitable for beginner level website. Not suitable for advanced website applications.
- Few third-party integrations are available.
Another drag and drop website builder in the best blogging platform to make money category is Weebly. It has a powerful easy to use features. With Weebly, you can build a website easily for your business or an e-commerce store. No coding knowledge is required.
Pros of Weebly
- You can build a website very quickly with easy to use website builder.
- Features like contact form management and lead generation form.
- You get Google Ads Credit when you go for Pro and Business plans.
- Advanced marketing features like Search engine optimization and Analytics are available in the premium plan only.
- E-commerce features are available like shopping cart, inventory management, coupons, and gifts, etc. in premium plans.
Cons of Weebly
- Not useful for large and complex websites.
- For the long term, full-featured blog then, you may have to use limited features.
Pricing plans are affordable like Free, Connect, Pro, Business.
If you ask for our opinion then, we would surely suggest you go for WordPress.org. This platform is most widely used all over the world. If you want to grow and scale your blog in the future, then wordpress.org is the best platform. Though it is a popular blogging platform, it takes time to learn advanced and customizable features. It is the best blogging platform to make money in 2019.
The post Top 5 Best Blogging Platform To Make Money Online In 2019 [Compared] appeared first on Startup Disha.