There is something powerful happening in Supply chains around the world. Successful organizations are blending tools, technology, great leadership, innovation, emerging talent and transformative culture to make positive change happen. What brought together the varied aspects of supply chain covered in Warsaw was a focus on and commitment to the customer. And not just a generic customer, but the modern digitally connected customer.
The community of supply chain leaders was challenged again and again to honestly assess their capability in this area.
- Does your board accept failure as a critical part of innovation?
- Do you fear or embrace technological disruption?
- Do you have the right culture and leadership skills to manage large-scale digital transformation?
- Do you know how to compete with the smaller, fast-growing brands online?
- Do you understand the behaviours of millennials, and adapt your supply chain accordingly?
- Can your product and supply chain innovation keep pace with changing customer demands and expectations?
- Is end-to-end visibility within reach or still a distant prospect?
- Can you collaborate horizontally to develop a more sustainable supply chain with a smaller carbon footprint?
And beyond those big questions, there were, importantly, big answers and real examples. Our community of supply chain leaders is heading back to their organizations with real insights to make change happen. We’ll be bringing you the best and brightest ideas in the coming weeks and months in pointZero – it’s an exciting time to be part of the world of supply chain.