Assist and help the striping foreman in undertaking the District Visitors Strategic Plan for District Striping Crew work operations, which embrace the upkeep of and set up of new freeway striping on numerous Federal and State freeway techniques inside the District for the security of the workers and touring public.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: The listed features are illustrative solely and aren't meant to explain each perform which can be carried out within the job degree.
- Maintains and operates complicated gear safely and proficiently.
- Conducts striping operations on numerous Federal and State highways inside the District, utilizing specialised heavy obligation cellular manufacturing gear, making use of all striping supplies to strict specs and requirements.
- Conducts format work for the right positioning of the set up of new pavement marking on numerous Federal and State freeway methods to make sure that all freeway striping conforms to all Federal and State laws and corresponding authorized ramifications.
- Installs and maintains Reference Marker System on Federal and State highways inside the District to help with mile publish markers utilized by regulation enforcement, emergency automobiles, WYDOT and the personal sector.
- Trains incumbents within the operation and upkeep of gear.
- Offers work path to Highway Maintenance Assistant staff.
- Beneath restricted supervision, flags visitors and units up visitors management units.
- Operates single and tandem axle vans, outfitted with striper, auger, aerial raise gear, or outfitted with plows, wing plow, sander and chemical methods to take away snow and ice from roadway floor.
- Liable for rehabilitation of roadway surfaces and visitors management units similar to indicators and freeway striping.
- Liable for upkeep of gear and amenities.
- Attends and completes all required coaching in an effort to acquire/keep required certifications, carry out inspections, and study new expertise.
- Communicates info with a view to replace others as to work standing and/or course of effectiveness.
- Makes use of particular computerized gear.
- Performs duties concerned in eradicating snow and ice from roadways.
Choice could also be given to these with 2-three years of progressive work expertise (sometimes in Highway Development and/or Highway Maintenance) and a present Class A, Business Driver's License.
- Company requires that the profitable applicant have a clear MVR and Class A, Business Driver's License inside 30 days of employment.
- Information of state freeway pavement marking and signing requirements
- Information of specs, normal plans, insurance policies and procedures, guidelines, laws and visitors management requirements.
- Information of gear upkeep and restore procedures.
- Information of hazardous supplies Response Procedures
- Information of Federal and State necessities for correct use of private protecting gear
- Information of primary gear operation for single and tandem axle vans, loaders and tractors.
- Information of Protected Work Procedures, First Help and CPR, Materials Security Knowledge Sheets for chemical compounds utilized in finishing duties.
- Information of Hazardous Supplies Response Procedures.
Schooling: Affiliate's Diploma (sometimes in Engineering) PLUS Expertise: zero-1 yr of progressive work expertise (sometimes in Highway Maintenance/Highway Development) with acquired information on the degree of a Highway Maintenance Assistant OR Schooling & Expertise Substitution: 2-four years of progressive work expertise (sometimes in Highway Maintenance/Highway Development) with acquired information on the degree of a Highway Maintenance Assistant Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Should have the power to acquire a Class A Business Driver's License Should have the power to acquire a Certification to function specified gear as directed by WYDOT. Should have the power to acquire a Certificates of course completion of Defensive Driving. Should have the power to acquire a First Assist/CPR certification. Should have the power to acquire a Flagger certification
Mandatory Particular Necessities
PHYSICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
- People on this classification have to be out there for emergency work calls at anytime, together with nights, weekends and holidays, with a response time of no higher than half-hour.
- Acceptance of an appointment to this classification signifies that the person is conscious of this requirement and can adjust to it.
- Capacity to raise 50 kilos.
- Means to face/sit and function gear for lengthy durations of time.
- Work in opposed environmental circumstances.
- Working round excessive velocity visitors and heavy development gear.
- This place is on a crew that travels extensively all through WYDOT District 2.
- FLSA: Non-exempt
- All new hires or rehires beginning in a non-exempt place on or after January 1, 2018 are required to be paid hourly.
- People on this classification shall be topic to random drug and alcohol testing.
- E-Confirm: WYDOT makes use of E-Confirm, an Web-based mostly system, to verify the eligibility of all newly employed staff to work in the USA. Study extra about E-Confirm, together with your rights and obligations.
045-Division of Transportation - WYDOT - Chief Engineer - District Visitors