Beneath shut supervision, supplies investigative, protecting and Social service intervention to youngsters concerned in neglect, abuse or delinquency issues. May fit immediately with excessive danger juvenile probation instances and households of youth concerned within the juvenile courtroom system.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: The listed features are illustrative solely and will not be meant to explain each perform which can be carried out within the job degree.
- Supplies non-medical disaster intervention providers.
- Determines shopper wants for primary social providers for youngsters and adults.
- Carries a caseload and retains all case file documentation present.
- Works immediately with the establishment or facility to develop and monitor a complete plan of remedy for youth locally (residence) and/or placement, together with foster care and residential.
- Screens, assesses, and addresses group service and restitution wants and maintains a schedule of restitution obligations.
- Supplies group instructional periods in cognitive expertise and to assist develop professional-social behaviors.
- Develops discharge plans with facility, youth, and household previous to discharge from facility.
- Prepares for and testifies in courtroom, preliminary hearings, multi-disciplinary group conferences, household partnership conferences, and courtroom hearings.
- Seems and represents excessive danger juveniles throughout pre-adjudication hearings, three month/quarterly evaluations, standing hearings, and revocation arraignments.
- Interviews shoppers, periodically reassessing shopper wants and referring shoppers to group assets or different company personnel.
- Prepares assessments, designs case plans, evaluates progress of members, and makes and screens applicable placements.
- Prepares courtroom stories for foster, adoptive, and social research.
- Performs investigations.
- Offers aftercare providers to assist households efficiently transition with youngsters popping out of placement.
- Supplies intensive supervised probation and ensures compliance with circumstances of probation as ordered by the courtroom.
- Ensures compliance with courtroom orders by means of random chemical screening for substance abuse, house and workplace visits, employment checks, curfew and faculty attendance checks and weekly conferences with excessive danger juveniles and households.
Choice could also be given to candidates with a Bachelor's Diploma in social work, sociology, psychology, legal justice or administration of justice.
- Information of psychological sicknesses, drugs, capability, and competency.
- Information of out there assets locally.
- Information of accepted greatest practices of social providers.
- Information of State and Federal legal guidelines pertaining to Social Work together with ICWA, ICPC, AFCARS, ASFA, and others.
- Information of the courtroom system, juvenile safety legal guidelines, federal and state legal guidelines.
- Information of Division of Household Services' insurance policies and procedures.
- Information of human improvement, household dynamics, human conduct psychology, baby psychology, getting older, baby abuse and neglect.
- Pc expertise, together with phrase processing and the WYCAPS database.
Schooling: Bachelor's Diploma (sometimes in Social Services) PLUS Expertise: zero-2 years of progressive work expertise (sometimes in Social Services Packages) with acquired information on the degree of a Social Services Aide OR Schooling & Expertise Substitution: three-5 years of progressive work expertise (sometimes in Social Services Packages) with acquired information on the degree of a Social Services Aide. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: None
Essential Particular Necessities
- FLSA: Non-exempt
- All new hires or rehires beginning in a non-exempt place on or after January 1, 2018 are required to be paid hourly.
- All positions inside the Division of Household Services would require a background verify, together with the taking of fingerprints, which shall be accomplished by way of the Wyoming Division of Felony Investigation, the Division of Household Services and the Federal Bureau of Investigation, for each profitable applicant.
049-Division of Household Services - Subject Operations