Candidate may live within 30 miles of NYC
This is entry-level position is under the direction of Install Crew Leader. The selected candidate will be responsible for performing equipment installations and maintenance as required. The individual will also be responsible for receiving equipment at job site, logging equipment in and verifying accuracy to Bill of Lading or Equipment Schedule. The candidate will assemble equipment and inspect for proper operation, uncrate and move equipment into position. The individual must be able to make electrical/gas/plumbing connections as required. Must also assist other Branch employees and Service Technicians as required. Must be willing to work hours as needed.
- High School diploma or GED
- 0-1 year minimum experience in related field.
- Assist with and perform installation of custom built duct work, sheet metal work, grinding and polishing of metal
- Be able to work with mechanical/electrical equipment safely
- Have Experience in Welding, Hydraulics and/or Electrical Skills
- Understand How to Troubleshoot Mechanical Problems
- Basic plumbing and soldering knowledge
- Basic knowledge of CO2 and Freon
- Customer Service skills- resolving customer issues. ensuring appropriate communication with customers and following up on customer requests
- Required to manage expense reports and travel budgets.
- Lifting 50-75 lbs with or without assistance
- Climbing up to 8 ft with ladder. Working on roofs of building will be required
- Extensive driving 5-6 hours/day
- Kneeling, squatting, bending, pushing/pulling
- Exposure to noise, heat, cold, slippery, wet conditions
- Will need to be able to travel for overnight and multiple day job assignments.
Pre-employment screenings performed (which includes background checks and drug screening)
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
Hobart Service is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
ITW and Hobart Service are committed to providing a healthy and safe environment for all employees. To demonstrate this commitment, Hobart Service is tobacco-free (including e-cigarettes) on campuses and within company vehicles and maintains a drug-free workplace.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the online application system process due to your disability, please contact Human Resources at [email protected] to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.
In accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Hobart Service considers all qualified applicants with a criminal history
For more jobs in New York, please view it here: Tag Jobs in New York
The post Equipment Installer Needed – Jobs in New York appeared first on Job Pursue.