Facebook Fellowship Program and Emerging Scholar Award 2018 (Fully Funded & Paid Internship at Facebook): The Facebook Fellowship Program and Emerging Scholar Award are open to full-time Ph.D. students (domestic and international) enrolled during the current academic year and studying computer science, computer engineering or a related area. Winners of the fellowship are entitled to receive two years of tuition and fees paid, an annual stipend, and conference travel support.
Applications will be evaluated based on the strength of the student’s research statement, publication record, and recommendation letters. Students who are in their first or second year of study and are members of a minority group* that is underrepresented in the technology sector may elect to be evaluated for an Emerging Scholar Award.
Each Fellow will receive the following benefits:
- Tuition and fees will be paid for the academic year (up to two years).
- $37K grant (one-time payment during each academic year).
- Up to $5,000 in conference travel support.
We are accepting applications from Ph.D. students with research in one of the following areas:
- Computational Social Science
- Compute Storage and Efficiency
- Computer Vision
- Distributed Systems
- Economics and Computation
- Machine Learning
- Natural Language Processing
- Networking and Connectivity
- Research Outside of the Above: relevant work in areas that may not align with the research priorities highlighted above.
For more information on our topical areas of interest please visit our website: https://research.fb.com/programs/fellowship/#Research_Areas
Required application materials:
A) Research Summary 1-2 page research summary which clearly identifies the area of focus, importance to the field, and applicability to Facebook of the anticipated research. Please reference the research areas.
B) Resume or CV (with email, phone and mailing address). Please include applicable coursework.
C) Two letters of recommendation (Please provide their email addresses):
- Professional reference (can be from academia or industry)
1) Full-time Ph.D. students who are currently involved in ongoing research
2) Students work must be related to one or more relevant disciplines
3) Students must be enrolled during the academic year(s) the Fellowship is awarded
4) The Fellowship Program is open to Ph.D. students globally who are enrolled in an accredited university in any country
5) First or second year Ph.D. students who are members of a minority group that is underrepresented* in the technology sector have the option of being evaluated for an emerging scholar award.
Facebook Fellowship Program and Emerging Scholar Award 2018
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click Here to Apply Online
Application Closing Date:
Tuesday, October 31, 2017 at 6:00 PST.
For more information, visit https://research.fb.com/programs/fellowship/#Eligibility_Criteria
- Google Nigeria Fresh Jobs Recruitment 2017
- Guinness Nigeria Plc Latest Jobs Recruitment 2017
- Schlumberger Limited Fresh Jobs Recruitment 2017
- Entry Level Graduates Recruitment at Dragnet Solutions Limited
For latest updates, kindly subscribe to our newsletter below. Join our Social Media platform, like us on Facebook or follow Twitter button. If you need the latest information at the right time on Facebook Fellowship Program and Emerging Scholar Award 2018, kindly drop your Phone No and Email using the comment box below.
Prime News Nigeria
The post Facebook Fellowship Program and Emerging Scholar Award 2018 (Fully Funded & Paid Internship at Facebook) appeared first on Prime News Nigeria.