COMBINED GEO-SCIENTISTS AND Geologist EXAMINATION 2018 BY UPSC FOR RECRUITMENT OF GEOLOGIST, GEOPHYSICST, CHEMIST AND HYDROGEOLOGIST
UPSC invites online application for recruitment of Geologist, Geophysicst, Chemist and Hydrogeologist for Geological Survey of India and Central Ground Water Board through COMBINED GEO-SCIENTISTS AND GEOLOGIST EXAMINATION 2018, which is commencing from 29th of June 2018. For other details please visit the website of UPSC and go through their notification No. 07/2018-GEOL Dated 21.03.2018.
Details of Vacancy :
Name of the Examination: COMBINED GEO-SCIENTIST AND GEOLOGIST EXAMINATION, 2018
Name of the post : 1. Geologist , Group A – 24 posts
2. Geophysicst, Group A – 17 posts
3. Chemist, Group A – 6 posts
4. Junior Hydrogeologists (Scientist B) – 23 posts
No of post : 70 posts in Total
Age limit : 21 years to 32 years but relaxations are there as per Government rules.
1. For Geologist – Master’s Degree in Geological Science or Geology or Applied Geology or Geo-Exploration or Mineral Exploration or Engineering Geology or Marine Geology or Earth Science and Resource Management or Oceanography and Coastal Areas Studies or Petroleum Geosciences or Petroleum Exploration or Geochemistry or Geological Technology or Geophysical Technology from a Government or Government recognized University.
2. For Geophysicst : M.Sc in Physics or Applied Physics or M.Sc (Geophysics) or Integrated M.Sc (Exploration Geophysics) or M.Sc (Applied Geophysics) or M.Sc (Marine Geophysics) or M.Sc (Tech)(Applied Geophysics) from a Government or Government recognized University.
3. For Chemist : M.Sc in Chemistry or Applied Chemistry or Analytical Chemistry from a Government or Government recognized University.
4. For Junior Hydrogeologist : Master’s Degree in Geology or Applied Geology or Marine Geology from a Government or Government recognized University.
Application Fee : Rs. 200/- for all and no fees for Female/SC/ST/PwD candidates.
Date of Examination : 29.06.2018
Examination Centres : Ahmedabad, Allahabad, Bangalore, Bhopal, Chandigarh, Chennai, Cuttack, Delhi, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Jammu, Kolkata, Lucknow, Mumbai, Patna, Shillong, Shimla, Thiruvananthapuram.
Place of posting : Anywhere parts of India
Last date for applying online : 14.04.2018
To download the official advertisement CLICK HERE.
To apply online, visit UPSC site by clicking at this LINK.
Related Page to read : Career Map for Physics