Not Asking The Right Questions
As mentioned in the Critical Job Interview Mistake number 04, the questions you ask of the interviewer also an important element to the job interview. At some point during the job interview, the person interviewing you is going to ask “Do you have any questions for me?” And this is a question that makes a lot of people tremble. Failing to ask the right, most appropriate questions simply shows a lack of interest and forethought. As a result, this is one of the most critical mistakes that a job interview candidate can make.
Use the company research that you conducted earlier based on Critical Job Interview Mistake number 01, and prepare questions about the company that is insightful as the best and most efficient way to impress the interviewer you are working with. This will also help you gain the information that you need in order to make the most well-informed job decision possible.
During your job interview, you should not sit like a bump on a log. Instead, you should make a real effort to show interest in the company, which can easily be done by asking the employer excellent interview questions in return. This shows the interviewer that you are interested in the company and that you have done your research and arrived prepared.
Here are some of the questions that you may want to ask your interviewer.
– What are your biggest challenges?
– What is the average day like for this particular position?
– What specific tasks will be expected of me in this position?
– What is the next step following the interview?
– Is this a newly created job position or am I replacing another employee?
– How will my job performance be measured?
– What are the immediate goals of the department that I will be working in?
– What is the biggest challenge that the company is currently facing?
– What competitive advantages does the company have over other similar companies?
– What does the interviewer like best about the company?
– What could I do within this role that would make your job (The employer’s job) easier?
– Is there anything else that I can further clarify for you?
– How do I compare with other candidates that have already been interviewed?
Keep in mind that when asked “Do you have any questions for me?”, “Hmm, nope” is NOT a good answer.
The post # Critical Job Interview Mistake 05 appeared first on CareerPortal Blog.