When you are ready to sell your House – you want all the traffic you can get! Well, until you realize that could mean at any time a group of people can drop by to take a look and contemplate making an offer. You might have a days notice, an hour, or 10 minutes. Knowing how crazy life is, there is no way your house can be show ready every Minute of every day, so we put together a checklist of minor touch ups you can do to each room when you only have 30 minutes until a house showing. Some may be repeated, but it’s important not to miss the little details in every room.
Overall/ Living Areas
- Have an emergency open house box. Put your Febreze, candles, plug in, clean towels, and organizers in this box, so you can cut down on prep time.
- Turn on all the lights, homes show better when well lit.
- Open the window shades and let in outside light. Your home will look bigger.
- Dust tables and book shelves.
- Spray some Febreze if the room needs it.
- Remove clutter. Put all your day-to-day notepads, lotions magazines, etc. in a laundry basket and tuck it out of the way.
- Spot clean windows and mirrors.
- Clean up the yard from toys and tools.
- Put animals away. Maybe take the showing time to take the dog for a walk or a drive.
- Put away dishes. No dirty dishes out or in the sink and if you can help it, a clear dishwasher helps too. When time counts, just load the dishwasher.
- Wipe down the stove, counter, and faucets.
- Clear counters. Specifically if you have cutting boards, canisters, utensil holders, or anything like that on your counter put it away. It makes the kitchen seem bigger.
- Microwave a small dish of vanilla twenty minutes before showing to make your kitchen smell DELIGHTFUL!
- If you have other rooms under control and can spend a little extra time in here do a quick sweeping of the floor.
- Hang up fresh towels.
- Wipe down bathroom counters, sinks and faucets.
- Clean the mirror.
- Close all the toilet seats and shower curtains if you haven’t had a chance to thoroughly clean. This is very important and is an easy thing to do.
- Light an unscented candle.
- Make the beds.
- Remove clutter from bedside tables.
- Put away laundry. No piece of clothing should be on the floor so shove it in a closed-lid hamper if you necessary but make sure everything is either hung up or put away.
- Turn on all the lights, including closet lights.
A lot of this is making rooms smell clean and removing clutter so rooms feel bigger. This could be the difference between selling your house or sitting on it.
The post Quick Checklist for a Last Minute Showing appeared first on Zenergyst.