Today's blog post and its video content were created by Bryson Engelen, Sales Engineer at Sonoma Partners.
We've put together two video demos of Dynamics 365 for Field Sellers in Manufacturing and Distribution. One is about ten minutes, and one is about thirty minutes.
We know from plenty of experience that Manufacturing and Distribution Field Sellers are commonly on the road most of the week, heavily relationship-focused, and typically not tech-savvy (sometimes sealing deals with a handshake and shipping product before finance and legal can draw up a contract). This can severely limit visibility for management and lead to avoidable losses, which makes CRM appealing to the boss. But the value statement of CRM to a sales rep has to be very different.
The main benefits of CRM for Manufacturing and Distribution Field Sellers are sales performance metrics and dashboards, the ability to track customer relationships, visibility into ERP data, and getting all this on a Mobile phone. CRM integration with an ERP provides a much cleaner access point to the ERP data that sales staff use daily such as commission splits, order histories, invoices, repairs, returns, and the customer's credit so when entering an order or looking at a customer, the rep can see the credit limit, overages, and past due invoices of the customer and place the order without finance blocking the sale down the line because the customer is past due. Of course, one of the core purposes of a CRM system is to present the full picture of a given account and to monitor interactions. Additionally, CRM tools can automatically identify related products for upselling and cross-selling.
Dynamics 365 can provide a great mobile experience for Manufacturing and Distribution Field Sellers by giving them a complete picture of current pursuits, closed orders, invoices, quality issues, sample and display requests, and more on an account. Right from your phone you can have access to the owners, buyers, distributors and other people on an account, see financial data, create quick account snapshot reports, record notes, log requests, and create service tickets. In these two videos, we demo how a Field Seller could use Outlook and D365 together on a mobile phone, leverage Power BI for analytics, in addition to manufacturing-specific account management, opportunity tracking, and more. Below is an outline of the things covered in the video as well as the videos themselves.
- Outlook Mobile App integrated with Dynamics 365:
- Tracking Outlook Emails to Dynamics 365
- Viewing Contact Details from Dynamics 365 in the Outlook Mobile App
- Creating New Records (like Opportunities) in Dynamics 365 from the Outlook Mobile App
- Account Overview in Dynamics 365 Mobile App
- Recording Calls into the Account
- ERP Data for the Account
- Activities, Notes, Contacts, Sales Team, OneNote, Opportunities
- Account Summary Report in in Dynamics 365 Mobile App emailed to Manager
- Mobile Dashboard with Pipeline, Accounts, Etc. in Dynamics 365 Mobile App
- Relationship Assistant in Dynamics 365 Mobile App – What’s Most Important to Me Today?
- Opportunity Management in Dynamics 365 Mobile App
- Following a Business Process
- Activities, Products, Competitors and More
- Power BI Mobile App
- Overall State of Business Dashboard
- Q&A: Ask the Robot a Question and Get and Answer
- Predictive Questions and Insights from Power BI Robot
- Texting an Annotated Report to a Colleague
- Outlook Integration on the Desktop
- Display CRM Data Against Emails
- Replies include CRM Items like Email Templates, Marketing Brochures, Emails, and Open Tracking
- Dynamics 365 on Desktop Browser
- Dashboards with Slice and Dice
- Account 360 with Orders, Cases, Opportunities, Work Orders, Equipment Tracking, Invoices, Charts, Forecasting by Units or Dollars, Sold Product
- Account Insights – Data from External Sources bringing in News, Contacts, Industry Research
- Opportunities – Following a Process, Approval Branching for Discounts, Document Tracking, Collaboration (Warehouse, Finance, etc.)
- Generating Quotes and Sending via Docusign
- Dashboards with Excel-like Filters and Slice and Dice
- Dynamic Excel Exports and Updates on a PowerPoint or from Recurring Outlook Appointment
If you’re a manufacturer with Field Service needs, don’t forget our Field Service demo video here:
Happy watching! Please contact us if you have any questions.
This post first appeared on Sonoma Partners Microsoft CRM And Salesforce.com B, please read the originial post: here