Few months ago, Immigration, Refugee and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) announced the plan to launch the Global Talent Stream to help Canadian Employers hire highly skilled foreign workers. Today, Global Talent Stream is officially launched.
“Employers that are making plans for job-creating investments in Canada will often need an experienced leader, dynamic researcher or an innovator with unique skills not readily available in Canada to make that investment happen. The Global Skills Strategy aims to give those employers confidence that when they need to hire from abroad, they’ll have faster, more reliable access to top talent.”
– The Honourable Ahmed Hussen, Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship [Source]
The following is a list of Eligible Employers under the Global Talent Stream who may hire foreign workers with Unique and Specialized Talent as of June 12, 2017:
- Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency
- BC Tech Association
- Business Development Bank of Canada
- Communitech Corporation
- Council of Canadian Innovators
- Federal Economic Development Agency for Southern Ontario
- Global Affairs Canada’s Trade Commissioner Service
- ICT Manitoba (ICTAM)
- Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada - Accelerated Growth Service
- MaRS Discovery District
- National Research Council - Industrial Research Assistance Program
- Ontario Ministry of Citizenship and Immigration
- Ontario Ministry of Economic Growth and Development
- VENN Innovation
Employers in Canada seeking to hire to hire highly-skilled foreign workers to fill positions in occupations founded on the Global Talent occupations list may also be eligible to hire workers via the the Global Talent Stream.
- Computer and information systems managers
- Computer engineers (except software engineers and designers)
- Information systems analysts and consultants
- Database analysts and data administrators
- Software engineers and designers
- Computer programmers and interactive media developers
- Web designers and developers
- Electrical and electronics engineering technologists and technicians
- Information systems testing technicians
- Digital Media and Design
- Companies applying for workers through the Global Talent Stream now have access to a new streamlined process that provides eligible employers with:
- priority processing of applications and a client-focused service for the development of the Labour Market Benefits Plan, with a service standard of 10 business days; and
- flexible recruitment requirements.
- Two-week work permit processing will be available to workers applying from overseas whose employers have been approved to hire a foreign worker through Global Talent Stream, as well as foreign nationals with jobs at skill type 0 (executive, managerial) or skill level A (professional) of the National Occupational Classification (NOC) applying through the International Mobility Program. The two-week service standard would also apply to immediate family members accompanying high-skilled workers to Canada.
- The new work permit exemption for highly-skilled workers applies to all NOC 0 and NOC A workers. Eligible workers will be allowed one 15-day work permit-exempt stay in Canada every six months, or one 30-day work permit-exempt stay every 12 months.
- Researchers coming to Canada will be permitted one 120-day stay every 12 months without requiring a work permit when they are working on a research project at a publicly-funded degree-granting institution or affiliated research institution.
- Agreements have been reached with a range of partners who will be able to refer companies to IRCC’s new dedicated service channel and to ESDC’s Global Talent Stream; discussions are continuing with many other potential partners. The goal is to have referral partners in all parts of the country with the significant knowledge and insight needed to refer companies to the dedicated service channel.
Interested to Study, Work and Live in Canada? Here's what you may do:
- Talk to us. We can talk about your plan over the phone
- We also do FREE Online Assessment
- You may attend one of our information sessions
- Or send resume to [email protected]