The CAB also has tips on how to avoid hiring a rogue tradesman for builders who…
- Offer very cheap quotes or estimates, as this could mean they’re a cowboy or not experienced enough to give accurate figures
- Are unwilling to put a quote or estimate in writing
- Are unwilling to offer references
- Are too keen to start the job straight away – cowboy builders often do lots of work in one area before moving out of the area altogether. They often leave very poor or unfinished work behind and are impossible to track down.
- Are unwilling to offer you details about their business – for example an address or landline number.
- Ask for money up front – a reliable builder won’t ask you to do this, not even if they need materials
- Only accept cash – they could be acting dishonestly by saving on paying out for VAT
The post 7 most Common Rip Offs from tradesman appeared first on Ramki Heating.
This post first appeared on Ramki Heating Ramki Heating - London's Local Central Heating Engineers - Greater London - Greenford - Wembley - Harrow - Ealing, please read the originial post: here