The value of a content-driven PR promotion program cannot be undermined in today’s times. Even though new product launches, corporate announcements etc. do attract attention such events are generally not happening every day. In such circumstances content campaigns and thought leadership programs can get you engaged with your prospects and also ensure that you stay in their memory loop even when you are not in news. Doing this, however, is a big strain on your resources both financial and internal.
If as a start-up you are getting confused about how to do your PR promotion here are some quick tips.
1. Pitch 3 Types of Stories as Part of PR Promotion
Devise three stories that you can pitch to the media. As part of your PR strategy find out information that you think people would be interested in reading. Here are some ideas you can use to finalize your small business PR plan.
- The human elements of how the company was found.
- What was the purpose of finding the company and was it fulfilled?
- How is the company impacting people’s lives and changing the competitive scenario?
- What is the company doing which is different from the rest of the companies?
- Is there any need in the market that you are fulfilling?
- What figures do you have which validate your standing in the market?
PR strategy for start-ups should involve a lot of detailed and planned press releases. PR for tech start-ups can write 600-800 blog posts that highlight all these points and more. Avoid using over exaggerated adjectives like innovative, next generation etc. as they do not serve many purposes in taking care of start-up PR.
2. Focus on the Numbers
Data of your company is going to be a big asset and you should present it as part of your public relation for start-ups. You could mention the following information or ask your PR agency to do it for you.
- Business numbers like funding.
- Growth statistics
- Business impact on customers.
- Consumer traction data
- Employee growth story.
- Usage trends
A PR company knows how well to take care of such media exposures. Ask yours to create an infographic in which all the required data is compiled and updated for others to see. Another method could be creating a timeline in which you could mention how your firm has progressed over the years. PR packages for small business are available with such firms and surely you can also end up picking one that suits your needs.
3. Use Your network
If there is something that you want to share as part of your PR promotion, then no one better to do it then your own network. People generally believe the other side of the tech start-up PR story and if you can find people to narrate it then you are on the path to success. Here are some PR ideas for a start-up that you can use.
- In case of a good news or there is some achievement at your end do not hesitate to share it across. You can take the help of other businesses, tech PR firms, and local newspapers and even nearby stores. A PR agency for a small business knows what kind of news has better chances of getting published.
- Use social media to gain insights into how best you can reach out to the journalists. Most of them are available on Linked in and Facebook and it is your chance to share your public relations strategy with them.
- Host your own event and call some influencers to be a part of it. A PR company will take care of all such responsibilities and use it to your advantage.
- Ask your PR firm to meet up with local clubs and other PR pros or media experts. They would give you more insight into how you can use such PR tools for start-ups.
4. Focus on Creating Brand Awareness
If your past is like a clean slate it is very difficult for you to get initial media placements as part of your PR plan for start-ups. However, that could also show a scope of growth as your Startup PR guide and gives you the chance to create a brand reputation from the scratch. As part of your PR promotion, you could use following tips to increase your brand awareness.
- Ask yourself the potential of an upcoming story of yours. A public relations agency would tell you what kind of news acts as fodder for media and would be immediately brought forward.
- Find out short-term opportunities which you can use to bring your PR services to the forefront. Indulge in a friendly discussion with your customers and engage with them via Twitter, Facebook or Instagram. A tech PR agency knows where your targets are most likely going to be found hence they would devise a PR guide for start-up accordingly.
5. Focus on Creating Brand Awareness
Public relations for start-ups require a consistent endeavor then only results can be achieved. Keep sharing your news with the media in order for them to realize your potential and talk about it. PR firms for start-ups are adept at doing just that. Public relations for start-up companies also means that you have to emulate a lot of responses from how established brands are handling their PR. However doing so blindly is also not right and PR companies for small businesses can tweak their strategies to use and incorporate as per your requirement.
To improve your company’s searchability provide customers with major Company news and thought leadership pieces. Best PR firms for tech start-ups understand this need to be in the limelight and would help you set your business on the path to growth.
A startup entrepreneur must focus his attention on a lot of things a reason why his PR promotion may suffer initially. However, hiring the services of an affordable public relations firm can help you in drafting a plan of action.
PR agency for start-ups know very well as to how to present your information to the world and which all methods to choose. However being smart in your choice of public relations firms is advised else you might end up losing a lot of time and money without any returns. Look for only the best PR firms for start-ups as only they would know how to direct your PR efforts towards the right path.
The post How Start-Ups Should Do Their PR Promotion Differently appeared first on SMEJoinup.
This post first appeared on Top 5 Points To Consider When Outsourcing To Cloud Payroll Software Service Provider, please read the originial post: here