Euronext, an exchange operator within the Eurozone, yesterday released its February 2019 trading volumes report. The report covered the following segments:
The mean daily transaction value on Euronext’s cash orders book was recorded at €7,314.5 million, which was a 21.8% drop from the values recorded in February 2018, but a 9.0% increase from January’s figures.
The median daily transaction value recorded in its ETF order book came in at €217 million, a decline of 48.3% in comparison to February 2018, and a 5.6% rise from January’s data. The number of ETFs listed on Euronext as at 28 February 2019 was 1,179, which was higher than the 1,150 that were listed as at 31 December 2018.
- The average daily volume of derivatives traded in February 2019 came in at 642,174 contracts, a 0.5% growth when compared to last year’s figures, and a 22.7% improvement to January’s data. The detailed breakdown is as follows:
- The average daily volume of equity index derivatives came in at 214,684 contracts, a 20.2% drop from last year, but a 0.2% increase from January’s data.
- The average daily volume of single equity derivatives traded hit a high of 359,355 contracts, a 14.0% jump from 2018’s figure, and a 33.9% improvement to January’s data.
- The average daily volume of commodity derivatives trades grew to 68,136 contracts, a 25.0% increase to February 2018’s print, and a 66.0% expansion from last month’s data.
- The overall average daily volume of derivatives traded on Euronext as at 28 February 2019 was 580,034 contracts (a 3.0% decline to last year’s figure), while the open interest grew to 18,520,411 contracts (a 3.2% increase to February 2018’s print).
FX spot trading
The average daily volume of FX spot trades on Euronext’s FastMatch market in February 2019 was $18,141 million, a drop of 14.1% as compared to last year’s print, a 9.5% decline from January’s data. FastMatch has been a Euronext subsidiary as from August 2017.
Euronext listed three Tech SMEs from Switzerland, Italy and France, in February 2019, which raised a total of €35 million to hit a combined market valuation of €173 million. Furthermore, the exchange raised over €440 million in equity capital following the listing. The exchange raised €66.9 billion in debt capital during the same month, of which €850 million was attributed to the green bonds.
The post Euronext Fastmatch Average daily volume down 9.5% MoM in February appeared first on LeapRate.
Euronext FastMatch average daily volume down 9.5% MoM in February was first posted on March 7, 2019 at 2:30 pm.