Martial arts is not a very common hobby among people. In India, Martial arts has not reached to as many people as it has outside the country. Thus, most of the people are either not aware of it or assume it to be too tough. However, martial arts are perfect for those who want to not only increase their stamina but also want to get fit at a faster pace. Apart from that, martial arts is also a perfect form of self-defense. Here are some of the most fun and fascinating forms of Martial Art that you must definitely consider trying out, and who knows you might actually end up cultivating it as a hobby:
1) Kickboxing: A lot of people are not aware that kickboxing is, in fact, a martial art form. This is a perfect choice for those who have a lot of pent in energy or frustration or even those with anger issues as it provides you a safe outlet to unleash it. There are different forms of kickboxing but the most common form is called Muay Thai which means “Art of the eight limbs”. This martial art form mainly revolves around a series of punches and kicks that work best when fast-paced. It thus teaches you speed and concentration to a great extent. You also need absolutely no weapons to defend yourself in case you are in a situation to do so.
2) Karate: This is probably one of the most common martial art forms in the country and is even practiced in schools as a part of an extracurricular activity. Opposed to kickboxing, karate does not focus on punching or kicking someone. Instead, karate is all about deflecting an attack on yourself by avoiding the opponent’s violent actions. However, this art form takes quite a long time to master so make sure that if you want to be really good at it, you will have to go at it for a long period of time.
3) Taekwondo: Taekwondo, probably one of the oldest martial art forms is almost 5000 years old. This art form originated in Korea and is now considered as an Olympic sport because of how popular a martial art form it has become. Most Hollywood movies that incorporate some kind of martial arts in a fight scene use Taekwondo to do so. Taekwondo is characterized by fast and high spinning powerful kicks which can knock the breath out of a person. Though the actual translation of Taekwondo means “the way of the hand and fist”, the legs play a powerful role in the sport too.
4) Jujutsu: Jujutsu is also another extremely popular martial art form from which a lot of other martial art forms such as Aikido and Judo are developed. Developed initially by the Japanese, this was considered the fighting technique of samurais. If samurais were ever attacked and they did not have any weapons on them, they would simply use Jujutsu to defend themselves. It is said to be one of the most effective martial art forms as it uses the opponent’s aggressive moves against them and is thus a perfect form of self-defense. Similar to Karate, this works on the principle of deflection where you can redirect the attacker’s moves against them, denying them of an opportunity to counter-attack. This is said to be a deadly art form as the combination of throws and joint locks can even kill someone.
5) Aikido: Derived from Jujutsu, Aikido is said to be one of the most complicated martial art forms and requires a lot of patience as well as training. It also takes a very long time to master the art completely. Since it is derived from Jujutsu, it also incorporates throws and joint locks but combines it with the body movements that are involved in spear or sword fighting. It also uses redirection and controls the aggressiveness of the attacker skillfully and can be tried by those who want to spend a significant amount of time practicing it.
Thus, wait no more. Find the nearest martial art class and enroll for a class of your choice. Enjoy the experience, and learn self-defense as well. If you are looking for martial art classes in Raipur, you can find them here:
The post FAMOUS MARTIAL ARTS THAT YOU CAN TAKE UP AS A HOBBY appeared first on The QuickSearch Blog.