Some elements mix well to form compounds; and some compounds even mix with others. Cladding is the bonding of dissimilar materials that do not mix at a chemical level. Various methods are used to permanently attach these materials. Two dissimilar metals might be permanently attached by roll bonding, explosive welding or by applying powder with a laser. The combination of two different metals may be pursued to gain the advantages of both.
Metal Pipe Cladding is the most popular type, but other materials (such as PVC) are also used.
- Like all metal materials this is durable and very long lasting.
- Water runs off the surface or Colorbond, even at shallow angles.
- There are several colours, which can blend in, compliment a décor or stand out as required.
- It is reasonably lightweight.
- No painting, the colour is permanently bonded to the metal.
- Low maintenance.
Copper Pipe Cladding Steel
- This has the corrosion properties of copper with the tensile strength of steel.
- This has a longer lifespan than copper because of the steels strength
- Is has longer lifespan than steel because of the coppers’ low corrosion.
- Good electrical properties, making it useful for electrical grounding.
PVC Pipe Cladding,
- White PVC is stable when exposed to sunlight; no painting required
- Mould and mildew resistant.
- Provided more thermal insulation than most metal systems.
- Quite fire resistant
- Electrically non-conductive.
- No corrosion, low maintenance
- Washable with plain soaps and detergents
Stainless Steel Pipe Cladding
- Incredibly robust under almost all situations.
- It resists almost all corrosions, except where joined to a dissimilar metal.
- Aesthetically appealing in many textures, but very hard to paint.
- Though less strong than steel it is more the strong enough for most situations.
- No corrosion with clean air and water. Corrosion occurs with salt water/air.
- Can be painted with special techniques, but is usually left bare.
The post Click Clad- ADVANTAGES OF DIFFERENT CLADDINGS appeared first on Australia Business Blog.