With the rise of video as an effective tool in all sorts of Training and communication, businesses have turned to more modern media for delivering their messages. In the past, delivering a business's message effectively with just a voice-over was almost impossible; today, we have YouTube channels where we can easily view videos.
With the power of new technologies at our fingertips, creating and sharing visually engaging videos has never been easier. If you have an LMS or even your phone in hand then any learning team can make an impactful training video that will be shared across social media outlets like Facebook with just one tap.
What is a training video?
A training video, also known as a staff training video, is a short film or video created to educate employees within an organization about new policies, procedures or general company information. They are often used in place of or in addition to traditional instructor-led training workshops. Training Videos
can be helpful for both new and experienced employees and can cover a wide range of topics.
Photo by Campaign Creators on Unsplash
Why make a training video?
Making a video for employee training may seem like overkill, but there are lots of great reasons to do it. Employee training videos are engaging, informative, and can help you keep your employees up-to-date on company policies and procedures. Plus, they can be used as a resource long after the initial training is complete.
How to create effective training videos?
Creating a training video is not as easy and straightforward a task. The key to making sure your content stays interesting for your employees, while still being informative about the topic at hand can oftentimes seem like an impossible feat. But with some planning ahead of time, you’ll find that by following these simple steps it becomes much easier. If you're thinking about making a training video, here are some tips to get you started.
1. Identify the topic that will be covered in the video.
Training videos are a cost-effective way to provide consistent and complete training on your company’s products, services or processes. However, when you're making the video there should be one clear topic so that viewers can easily understand what they will learn in it without being distracted by other topics which could take up too much time from their workout routine.
2. Select the best type of training video for your topic.
One of the most significant advantages of using video as a training tool is that there are so many different types of videos that can be incorporated. These videos can be used depending on the topic and the desired outcome. In order to decide which type of video will best fit your needs, you first need to understand the different types that are available.
- Screen Capture Video is a helpful tool for anyone who needs to train employees or introduce new software. This type of video provides an easy and engaging way that your company can show off its features in just about any situation.
- Facecam Recorders allow you to record yourself speaking directly to the camera and have it appeared as if your voice is coming from elsewhere in a room or building. This makes for engaging presentations where people will feel more at ease because they know there's someone on-screen with them who isn't just staring at their computer screen all day long.
- Live-Action Videos are a very effective way to humanize the action and make it more real. They're simple, quick - all you need is someone who can come across as relatable or empathetic. Just like with role plays there's been evidence that this type of video helps stimulate social partnership feelings which then stimulates long-term memory learning.
- Animated Explainer Videos are a terrific way to communicate complex information when words alone just won't do. These short, informative videos explain difficult concepts in an easy-to-understand manner by utilizing animation and graphics which keeps your audience engaged while helping them grasp the material better than ever before.
- On-Site Recordings are outstanding for capturing the natural dynamics of your environment. They can provide an unrivalled perspective that's impossible to achieve any other way, such as showing off a process or showcasing office space. To make these successful you should follow some basic rules like making sure there’s appropriate lighting in place - this will help ensure footage comes across smoothly both visually and audio-wise when watching back later at home without having equipment handy.
- Slideshow Videos are a fantastic way to pack more information into your training slides. Voice-over narration and on-screen text can highlight the key points, while an off-camera narrator explains all those details you wanted so badly for people who had trouble listening or reading during normal pace presentations.
3. Create a script that is engaging and easy to understand.
Think of an interesting and creative way to deliver the training message that your employees will find engaging. A well-written script is vital for making employee training videos effective, so think about how you can make this easy-to-understand without repeating anything too often or dauntingly complicated.
4. Shoot videos that are short, informative, and visually appealing.
By creating short and visually appealing videos, you can demonstrate to your employees how they can improve their work. These types of training sessions will allow employees who have never done something before or know very limited information about it, an opportunity to learn more from someone else's perspective so that these individuals are better able-bodied when faced with situations in future tasks where those skills might be needed.
Focusing on what makes high-quality visual material means the end result isn't just any old recycled content - but high-quality production values combined with engaging storytelling which grabs viewers' attention right away while still providing all necessary information required.
5. Editing and uploading your finished product.
Producing your own training videos is a smart way to ensure that you have full control over how it comes together. After filming or putting together the footage, you can use online video editing software to trim and edit videos and turn them into incredible video training. You can make sure that audio and visuals are synced seamlessly. It is your responsibility to make every second count by showing your employees what they need.
Your employees will love you for sharing this training video that provides them with valuable information about their job. You can either upload it directly from your company's website, post links on internal message boards or simply embed the videos into any site of yours. This allows all employees to access the videos.
How to confirm your video training is effective?
Video training is an effective way to provide instructions, especially when there are many steps involved. It's also easier for the employee because they can watch it on their own time and learn at a pace that works best for them instead of being force-fed information all day long in one go or spaced out over several sessions like with traditional teaching methods.
To ensure that your video training is effective, you may want to conduct a survey with the participants. This can help gather feedback on their experience and provide valuable information for future courses or workshops designed by you. You can also do this by asking them questions about what they learned or how the content made an impact on their