Struggling to remove muddy footprints and Dirty Soil Stains from your carpet? Carpets are a fabric that like other textiles will soak up any spills that may occur. This happens when a child is walking around with muddy feet, dropped sticky candy, pets with muddy or people bringing in the dirt on their shoes from outdoors. The following tips are a guide to eliminate unwanted stains on your Carpet.
- Let the mud dry first before making any effort to clean it from the carpet and stopping the stain from spreading.It will be much easier to remove the dry dirt rather than dealing with wet dirt.
- When the mud is dry, slowly vacuum the affected area to remove the mud. Use quick passes for best results.
- Once the mud is completely removed, make a solution of warm water and laundry detergent. Make sure that you test it in a small area first to check whether the process is suitable for the carpet.
- Use a stain eraser ball to gently work the detergent deep into the fibres of the carpet. You can also use a white cloth to blot the solution to gently clean your carpet. If it is a stubborn stain, make a mixture of warm water and vinegar and apply it to the spotted area.
- Once the area looks clean rinse it with fresh and clean water. This will remove any excess mud and soap suds from the carpet.
- Allow your carpet to dry thoroughly before vacuuming again to fluff the fibres.
- If there is a carpet smell, sprinkle the carpet with baking soda vacuum it again.
- If your carpet still had muddy dirt stains, it is recommended that you hire a professional carpet cleaner.
It is recommended to clean your shoes before entering a room, to keep your carpet free from muddy footprints and dirty Soil Stains. Hire CRG Carpet Cleaning experts via phone at 0411 154 433 for more stain removal solutions.
This post first appeared on Carpet Cleaning Adelaide | Carpet Steam Cleaning Adelaide, please read the originial post: here