February 11, 2016 | Lee Mashburn | Vice President, Marketing
Should Midmarket Leaders Switch to Third-Party Support? Gartner’s Pat Phelan addressed this question in a recent webinar. Spinnaker Support is sponsoring Pat’s presentation content for a limited time. Access now.
Pat discusses why midmarket leaders are switching to third-party support, i.e., lack of immediate interest in vendor roadmaps to Cloud and a diminishing value of vendor support. She also details various third-party alternatives, including pure-plays like Spinnaker Support. Finally, Pat provides insightful recommendations to conduct a best-practice due-diligence process for switching to third-party support.
Spinnaker Support sees mid-market organizations investigating and adopting third-party support much faster. While our own customer base spans from the relatively small to the very large, the bulk of annual revenues come from our largest customers. However, 83% of our current customers hail from the mid-market, ranging from $100 million to $2.5 billion in annual revenue.
Why are mid-sized organizations transitioning more quickly to Spinnaker Support?
- Their cost to stay current or migrate to the vendor’s Cloud solution is prohibitive.
- Their support spend with the software publisher is misaligned with the software usage. The low value proposition is the result of vendor fees paid for unused software and/or user licenses.
- Their influence on vendor product direction is less, resulting in lower ROI on application enhancements. Software publishers invest far less in on-premise products and mature cloud solutions are years away.
- They complain about receiving a lower level of support attention and response from the software vendor than do their larger counterparts.
- They are quicker to embrace the third-party support model that frequently restores premium-level support for a fraction of what they were paying the software vendor.
- They value our expert and highly responsive services, delivered by a partner that addresses more of their service needs: software maintenance, managed services, and consulting.
Check out Gartner’s “Should Midmarket Leaders Switch to Third-Party Support” and then contact Spinnaker Support. You’ll be glad you did.
The post Mid-Sized Companies Adopt Third-Party Support Faster appeared first on Spinnaker Support.
This post first appeared on SAP & Oracle Third-Party Support Services | Spinna, please read the originial post: here