Kelliwood Katy TX Real Estate Guide
Nestled on both sides of Fry Road, Kelliwood is a group of smaller subdivisions with great schools, beautiful homes, and central location.
One of Greater Katy’s first master-planned neighborhoods, Kelliwood has remained quite popular due to the area’s:
- HIGHLY REGARDED SCHOOLS: Some of the Best Schools in the Greater Houston area serve Kelliwood homes. Students in the area may attend multi-award winning KISD schools like Pattison Elementary, Beck JH, McMeans JH, Cinco Ranch HS, and Taylor HS.
- GREAT HOME OPTIONS: Made up of several smaller communities, Kelliwood offers a wide variety of homes, from custom-built two-story homes to sprawling lakeside estates. Kelliwood is also part of the Greater Katy area, one of Houston’s Best Suburbs.
- PROXIMITY TO KEY HOUSTON DISTRICTS: Located at the easternmost part of Greater Katy, Kelliwood homes have fairly easy commutes to key Houston areas like the Energy Corridor and the Galleria.
- FANTASTIC AMENITIES: Kelliwood’s many communities offer distinct amenities. Some subdivisions have central lakes, while others are built adjacent to or nearby the Willow Fork Country Club’s golf course. Parks, trails, and playgrounds are common amenities in some subdivisions in the neighborhood.
- EASY ACCESSIBILITY: Nestled on both sides of Fry Road, Kelliwood homes have great access to other main roads and freeways, including Interstate 10, Westpark Tollway, Grand Parkway, and Westheimer Parkway.
Only a few Kelliwood homes are listed every year. This makes its real estate market competitive and tricky to navigate. Consulting with the best Kelliwood Katy realtor can greatly benefit homebuyers.
For any inquiries about Kelliwood homes recommendations, or off-market MLS listings, get in touch with Paige Martin, Owner of HoustonProperties.com and one of the best realtors in Houston.
POPULAR Kelliwood RESOURCES
- Kelliwood Homes For Sale
- Kelliwood Homes For Sale
- Kelliwood Sales Trends
- Kelliwood Townhome Trends
- Kelliwood Condo Trends
- Kelliwood Home Resources
- Kelliwood Home Resources
- Kelliwood Maps & Location
- Neighborhoods Near Kelliwood
- Best Kelliwood Realtor
- Kelliwood Schools
- Overview: Kelliwood Schools
- Kelliwood High Schools
- Kelliwood Middle Schools
- Kelliwood Elementary Schools
- Kelliwood Community
- 12 Things Kelliwood Home Buyers Should Know
- Kelliwood History
- Fun Things to Do Near Kelliwood
Paige Martin – Top Kelliwood Realtor
Kelliwood Texas Homes For Sale
12 Things Kelliwood Real Estate Buyers Should Know
Located in the Greater Katy area, one of Houston’s best suburbs, Kelliwood is prized for its multi-award winning schools, excellent accessibility, and great variety of homes.
- Some of the Best Schools in the Greater Houston area serve Kelliwood homes. Students in the area may attend multi-award winning KISD schools like Pattison Elementary, Beck JH, McMeans JH, Cinco Ranch HS, and Taylor HS.
- Made up of several smaller communities, Kelliwood offers a wide variety of homes, from custom-built two-story homes to sprawling lakeside estates.
- Located at the easternmost part of Greater Katy, Kelliwood homes have fairly easy commutes to key Houston areas like the Energy Corridor and the Galleria.
- Kelliwood’s many communities offer distinct amenities to suit varying tastes. Some subdivisions have central lakes, while others are built adjacent to or nearby the Willow Fork Country Club’s golf course. Parks, trails, and playgrounds are common amenities in some subdivisions in the neighborhood.
- Nestled on both sides of Fry Road, Kelliwood homes have great access to other main roads and freeways, including Interstate 10, Westpark Tollway, Grand Parkway, and Westheimer Parkway.
- Each Kelliwood subdivision features its own homeowners association, deed restrictions, and architectural guidelines.
- The subdivision was established in the 1980s, under Kickerillo Companies. The developer has built homes in a variety of Houston area communities, one of the most recent being Lakes of Parkway.
- Kelliwood homes typically offer 4 to 5 bedrooms, with 2,000 to more than 5,000 square feet of living space.
- Lot sizes range from 6,000 to more than 30,000 square feet.
- Kelliwood luxury real estate can feature home sizes of more than 8,000 square feet with as many as 6 bedrooms.
- Like in nearby Katy neighborhoods, lakefront properties are some of the most expensive Kelliwood real estate. Lakeforest at Kelliwood features some of the most expensive homes in Greater Katy.
- Prices for Kelliwood homes for sale start at around $250,000. Luxury homes in the neighborhood can go from $1,000,000 to more than 2,000,000.
Kelliwood Maps And Location
Nestled next to George Bush Park, Kelliwood is a large master-planned neighborhood. It is made up of several smaller communities, located on both sides of South Fry Road.
The neighborhood is mostly residential, with each subdivision offering its own set of amenities. Some showcase a central lake, while others are built adjacent to the Willow Fork Country Club. Schools, parks, restaurants, and retail areas are minutes away from Kelliwood homes.
Thanks to the community’s location, residents have fairly easy commutes to key districts via main thoroughfares like S Fry Road, Westheimer Parkway, Interstate 10, Grand Parkway, and Westpark Tollway. The Energy Corridor, a major Houston employment center, is a few miles northwest of Kelliwood homes.
The city of Katy is also highly accessible from the neighborhood.
One of the Greater Katy area’s older planned communities, Kelliwood has several other master-planned neighborhoods nearby, including Cinco Ranch, Green Trails, Windsor Park Estates, and Grand Lakes.
Kelliwood Katy real estate are under the 77450 zip code. (View Houston zip code map.)
Katy Communities and Subdivisions
See Which Areas Are Best
– “One of America’s Best Real Estate Agents,” Real Trends
– Five Star Realtor Award, Multi-Year Winner
– “One of Houston’s Top 50 Realtors,” Houston Chronicle
Neighborhoods Near Kelliwood TX
West of Kelliwood
- Cinco Ranch
- Falcon Landing
- Falcon Ranch
- Falcon Point
- Lake Pointe Estates
- Seven Meadows
- Avalon at Seven Meadows
- City of Katy
North of Kelliwood
- Green Trails
- Nottingham Country
- Windsor Park Estates
- Windsor Park Lakes
East of Kelliwood
- Energy Corridor
- Memorial West
- George Bush Park / Eldridge
South of Kelliwood
- Grand Lakes
Kelliwood Katy Schools
Kelliwood homes are zoned to Katy Independent School District (KISD).
The Katy Independent School District (KISD) is one of the most highly regarded school districts in the Greater Houston area.
Rated “Met Standard” by the Texas Education Agency, the KISD features several multi-award winning schools.
- Creech Elementary School at 5905 South Mason Rd. Sue Creech Elementary School is within the master-planned community Cinco Ranch. It was established in 2000 and was named for a long-time KISD teacher.
- Exley Elementary School at 21800 Westheimer Pkwy. Founded in 2004, Jo Ella Exley ES is also located in nearby Cinco Ranch.
- Pattison Elementary School at 19910 Stonelodge Dr. Hazel S. Pattison Elementary School first opened in 1989, and has since been named National Blue Ribbon School (1993-1994). It was also included in the Just For Kids Honor Roll for Academic Excellence.
- Hayes Elementary School at 21203 Park Timbers Ln. Located near Kelliwood Trails and Kelliwood Gardens, Jeanette Hayes Elementary School was established in 1995. It was given a Exemplary rating by the TEA.
- Beck Junior High School at 5200 S Fry Rd. Rodger and Ellen Beck Junior High School first opened in 1996. It was named National Blue Ribbon School in 2001-2002 and an TBEC Honor Roll school in 2006 and 2007. Beck JH was also ranked 13th in the Children at Risk 2016 best schools rankings.
- McMeans Junior High School at 21001 Westheimer Pkwy. Founded in 2000, Garland McMeans Junior High School has since received several awards and recognition. It was ranked 7th in Children at Risk’s 2016 Greater Houston School Rankings. Apart from its great academics programs, McMeans JH also features a strong athletics program as well as a variety of electives.
- Cinco Ranch High School at 23440 Cinco Ranch. Named National Blue Ribbon School in 2008, Cinco Ranch High School ranked as high as 298th in Newsweek’s Top High Schools in 2014 (higher than fellow KISD HS, Seven Lakes High). The school also consistently features in local “best schools” lists, ranked 3rd in the Houston Chronicle’s 2007 list.
- Taylor High School at 20700 Kingsland Blvd. James E. Taylor High School is one of the KISD’s National Blue Ribbon schools (1994-1996). It is the second oldest high school in the district and has been included in Newsweek’s best public high schools in America list multiple times.
Kelliwood Katy Private Schools
The following are some of the more notable private schools near Kelliwood homes.
- Primrose School of Kelliwood at 2402 Westgreen Blvd.
- Cinco Ranch Montessori School at 2530 Peek Rd.
- The Goddard School at 24025 Cinco Village Center Blvd.
- British Private Prep School at 1635 S Fry Rd.
To find an updated listing of all Kelliwood real estate zoned to any specific public school, please send an email to Paige Martin at [email protected] with the property preference and budget that you’re working with.
*Note: School zoning tends to change from year to year, information provided above are accurate but not guaranteed. Please double check by visiting the school’s website.
Kelliwood Real Estate Trends
Kelliwood real estate are often considered as some of the best value properties in the Greater Katy area. Some factors that contribute to its popularity include its exemplary schools, great access to key districts, and shorter commutes to Houston.
(Data sourced from the Houston Association of Realtors Multiple Listing Service and is deemed reliable but not guaranteed.)
For updated information regarding Kelliwood real estate pricing and trend analysis, please contact Paige Martin at [email protected]
Kelliwood Single-Family Home Sale Trends
Kelliwood real estate offer a wide variety of home options, and the choice often boils down to one’s taste and interests.
Lakeforest of Kelliwood, Kelliwood Lakes, and Lakes of Buckingham Kelliwood all feature waterfront homes, while Kelliwood Courts, Kelliwood Greens, Fairways at Kelliwood, and Kelliwood Links offer golf course lots or have homes located near the Willow Fork Country Club.
On average, Kelliwood homes offer 4- to 5-bedroom floor plans, with home sizes ranging from 2,000 to 5,000 square feet. Some of the most expensive real estate in Kelliwood and Greater Katy are within Lakeforest of Kelliwood, with most featuring 5 to 6 bedrooms and more than 8,000 square feet of living space.
Kelliwood homes often sit on mid- to large sized lots (by Houston standards), ranging from 6,000 to more than 30,000 square feet.
Like in most older communities in Greater Katy, architectural styles in Kelliwood lean toward more traditional aesthetics. Home options vary from two-story custom-built homes to grand waterfront estates.
Kelliwood homes for sale are typically priced between $250,000 and $1,000,000. Lakefront estates can sell for more than $2,000,000.
Kelliwood Townhomes Sale Trends
Due to the subdivisions’ deed restrictions and architectural guidelines, there are no Kelliwood townhomes for sale. Other communities nearby do offer townhomes, like Green Trails and Cinco Ranch.
Kelliwood Condo Sale Trends
There are no Kelliwood condos for sale. There are some condos and townhomes in nearby Green Trails, though there are more mid- and high-rise residential buildings in nearby Houston districts like the Energy Corridor and Memorial.
Here are a few condo buildings within the Memorial area:
- Bayou Woods Condos
- Pines Condominiums
- The Memorial
- The Tealstone
- Timber Top
To see other condos within the Inner Loop, see Inner Loop Houston Condos. To see condos within the Galleria area, see Galleria Houston Condos.
The 1980s welcomed a number of master-planned communities in Greater Katy, including some of the bigger developments in the area today: Cinco Ranch, Green Trails, and Kelliwood.
Earlier, the area was largely rural. Farms and working cattle ranches occupied most of the lush expanse west of Houston and south of the city of Katy. Several factors brought development into the area, including easier access to Houston via Interstate 10 and the demand for more housing.
Kickerillo Companies, with Vincent Kickerillo at the helm, are the developers behind several Houston area homes and communities, including Kelliwood. Some of their more recent projects include Lakes of Parkway.
Kickerillo named the project, a large group of subdivisions in east Katy, after his daughter Kelli. Each subdivision offered something a bit different. Some areas showcased lakes, while others were built along a golf course.
Today, Kelliwood homes still offer great value. High quality schools, easy accessibility to key employment and business hubs, and the neighborhood’s great location are just some of the factors that contribute to the neighborhood’s continued popularity.
Fun Things To Do Near Kelliwood
Like most master-planned communities within the Greater Katy area, Kelliwood provides its residents with a number of amenities to suit different tastes. The neighborhood features several parks, swimming pools, lakes, tennis courts, playgrounds, and walking trails.
George Bush Park, a 7,800-acre park, is adjacent to Kelliwood. The park is home to several sports facilities (soccer, softball and baseball), parks, playgrounds, and miles of multi-use trails. The park also features a field for flying model aircraft.
Kelliwood Lakes, Lakeforest of Kelliwood, and Lakes of Buckingham Kelliwood each have a central lake where residents can enjoy their non-motorized watercraft (paddle boats, kayaks, and canoes). Kelliwood Courts, Kelliwood Links, Kelliwood Greens, and Fairways at Kelliwood enjoy proximity to the Willow Fork Country Club’s golf course.
The private country club offers a golf course, tennis courts, a fitness center, a swimming pool, and dining facilities. Non-members of the club can rent the club’s facilities for functions and events. Other golf courses in the area include the daily-fee Golf Club at Cinco Ranch and the Meadowbrooks Farm Country Club.
Here are some of Kelliwood must-visit places:
- Palma de Cera
- Ephesus Meditteranean Grill
- The Cellar Door
- Los Roberto’s Taco Shop
- The Original Marini’s Empanada House
- Sushi 9
- El Kourmet
- Cilantro’s Arepa Grill
- Kabob Korner
- Katy Mills
- LaCenterra at Cinco Ranch
- Westgate Market Place
- Bourbon Street Sports Bar
- Toddy Blends
- Zen Hookah Lounge
- Little Woodrow’s
- The Cellar Door
- Drix Restaurant and Lounge
- Mo’s Place
- Duke’s Tavern
- Einstein’s Pub
- MidPoint bar + eatery
- H-E-B Plus
- Fiesta Mart
- Sprouts Farmers Market
- Trader Joe’s
- Willow Fork Country Club
- Meadowbrook Farms Golf Club
- The Golf Club at Cinco Ranch
- Bear Creek Golf World
- Legendary Oaks Golf Course
Kelliwood Katy Realtor – Paige Martin
As featured on Fox News in the Morning, Houston Business Journal and Houston Magazine, Paige Martin, a consistent Top Producing Broker-Associate and the owner of HoustonProperties.com, is ranked as one of the top residential real estate agents in the world.
Find My Perfect Neighborhood
– #1 Agent, Keller Williams, Memorial
– #2 Agent, Keller Williams, Texas
– #10 Agent, Keller Williams, United States
Paige Martin’s recent awards include
- 2016: One of the Top 25 Residential Realtors in Houston, Houston Business Journal
- 2016: Five Star Realtor, Featured in Texas Monthly
- 2016: One of America’s Best Real Estate Agents, RealTrends.com
- 2015 Q3: #9 Individual Agent, Keller Williams, Worldwide (of 125,000 agents)
- 2015: #1 Individual Agent, Keller Williams, Texas
- 2015: #1 Individual Agent, Keller Williams, Southwest Texas (Houston, Woodlands, Katy, San Antonio)
- 2015: #1 Individual Agent, Keller Williams, Houston
- 2015: #1 Individual Agent, Keller Williams Memorial
- 2015: One of America’s Best Real Estate Agents, RealTrends.com
- 2015: One of the Top 25 Residential Realtors in Houston, Houston Business Journal
- 2015: Five Star Realtor, Featured in Texas Monthly Magazine
- 2014 – #1 Ranked Individual Agent, Keller Williams Memorial
- 2014 – “One of the Top 40 Houston Realtors,” Houston Chronicle
- 2014 – “One of America’s Best Real Estate Agents,” RealTrends.com
- 2014 – Five Star Realtor, Featured in Texas Monthly Magazine
- 2013 – #1 Ranked Individual Agent, Keller Williams Memorial
- 2013 – Top 50 Houston Realtors by the Houston Chronicle
- 2013 – Top 5 Ranked Individual Agent in the Houston Area with Keller Williams
- 2013 – Five Star Realtor, Featured in Texas Monthly Magazine
- 2012 – #1 Ranked Individual Agent in the Keller Williams Memorial Office
- 2012 – Top 5 Ranked Individual Agent in the Houston Area with Keller Williams
- 2011 – #1 Ranked Individual Agent in the Keller Williams Memorial Office
- 2011 – Top 10 Ranked Individual Agent in the Houston Area with Keller Williams
- 2010 – #1 Ranked Individual Agent in the Keller Williams Memorial Office
- 2010 – Top 10 Ranked Individual Agent in the Houston Area with Keller Williams
Paige works with a tremendous number of buyers and sellers within Katy, earning praises like “Paige Martin is the best Kelliwood Katy TX realtor I know.” Read more about client feedback and ratings here.
For a specific recommendation of neighborhoods, homes or properties based upon your personal style, goals & price point, please contact Paige Martin, Owner of HoustonProperties.com & Broker Associate at [email protected] or 713-384-5177.
The post Kelliwood Katy TX Real Estate Guide | Kelliwood Homes For Sale appeared first on Houston Properties.