BEST NEIGHBORHOODS IN PEARLANDOne of the fastest growing cities in the US, Pearland is home to several master-planned neighborhoods, top-ranked schools, and golf-course communities.
One of Houston’s Best Suburbs, Pearland features a rural, small-town vibe just 25 minutes south of Downtown Houston. Nestled between Highway 288 and Highway 35, Pearland is a popular suburban destination due to its highly-rated schools, master-planned communities, and growing commercial centers.
Pearland Town Center is an outdoor mall offering residents a variety of choices in restaurants and retail shops. Parks and recreation facilities like golf courses and trampoline parks also provide Pearland homeowners with plenty of leisure and exciting activities.
Pearland is one of the fastest growing economies in the U.S. over the past seven years. Pearland is ranked 3rd by a WalletHub report which compared 515 cities across the U.S.
Pearland has seen a dramatic increase in real Estate appreciation the last 10 years. The average new construction home is around $270,000 in Pearland (See Salary Needed To Buy Home In Houston). The suburb’s amenities, top schools, commercial development and location are main drivers of this growth.
To illustrate our analysis better, we have prepared an extensive list of Pearland facts and figures in order to rank its neighborhoods according to the following categories:
- Best Pearland schools;
- Best Pearland communities (master planned, gated and golf course communities);
- Pearland neighborhoods with the best 5 & 10 year appreciation rates;
- Highest quality Pearland new construction home builders (and builders with somewhat challenged reputations);
- Best Pearland neighborhoods for commuting to Downtown, the Energy Corridor, Texas Medical Center and nearby major job centers;
- Pearland subdivisions with the best access to retail, shopping & dining;
- Pearland communities that didn’t flood during Hurricane Harvey or the recent storms.
“Paige Martin is the best Realtor. She is highly experienced and very knowledgeable. She made our buying experience an enjoyable one, not only for us, but for our daughter, son-in-law and several of our friends. We have bought and sold many houses, and Paige has been the best realtor we have ever worked with. We highly recommend her and The Houston Properties Team.”
Jeremy & Lynn Greene
Find our ranking of the Best Pearland Neighborhoods below, complete with our methodology and sources at the footer.
Get personalized recommendations on Pearland neighborhood homes for sale based on your budget, school preferences, and commute by contacting the #1 Keller Williams Realtor in the State of Texas, Paige Martin, and her Houston Properties Team.
Best Of Katy: Complete Guide To Katy Texas
- Pearland Neighborhoods Near Top Schools
- Top Pearland Neighborhoods With Best Amenities
- Most Accessible Pearland Neighborhoods
- Pearland Neighborhoods With Best Appreciation
- Most Expensive Pearland Neighborhoods
- New Construction Communities in Pearland
- Pearland: Flooding Data & Special Flood Hazard Areas (SFHA)
Top Pearland Neighborhoods With Best Amenities
1. Pine Hollow Estates
Located along Pine Crest Drive off Dixie Farm Road, Pine Hollow Estates is a quiet, upscale community of single-family homes in east Pearland.
- With a median sales price of around $500,000, homes in the area are also among the most expensive in Pearland.
- The streets of Pine Hollow Estates are all lined with beautiful, mature trees.
- Residents get to enjoy amenities such as walking and biking trails, two playgrounds, basketball courts, and a community park.
2. Shadow Creek Ranch
The largest master-planned community in Pearland, Shadow Creek Ranch covers 3,500 acres—150 acres are dedicated to recreational facilities.
- Residents of more than 50 subdivisions enjoy access to the community’s 50-acre Shadow Creek Ranch Sports Complex and Diamond Bay Water Park.
- There are three recreation centers (all with their own swimming pools, tennis/basketball/volleyball courts, picnic pavilions, etc.), Town Center, lakes, and numerous parks and playgrounds spread throughout the community
- Development is ongoing for The Reserve at Shadow Creek, which “combines the finest in office, retail, residential, and hospitality uses” along Highway 288.
- There are also plans to put up six schools within the community to accommodate student demand as development continues to grow.
See All Shadow Creek Ranch Homes For Sale
One of Houston’s Best Golf Course Communities, Silverlake is a 1,000-acre master-planned community located less than 15 miles south of Downtown Houston.
- One of Pearland’s first master-planned communities, Silverlake features homes built around a 29-acre lake and a world-class golf course.
- In addition to the Southwyck Golf Club, residents have access to numerous amenities including hiking/biking trails, swimming pool, clubhouse, and recreation centers with tennis courts and baseball/soccer fields.
See All Silverlake Homes For Sale
4. Southern Trails
Located west of Highway 288, the 525-acre master-planned community of Southern Trails is popular choice for golf lovers.
- It is only minutes away from the Pearland Golf Club and Southwyck Golf Club.
- Residents of the community also enjoy a resort-style amenities that include hike-and-bike trails, an 8,000-square-foot swimming pool, parks, picnic pavilions and a wading pool
- It also features a fitness center, lakes and fountains, and a clubhouse with fireplace and kitchen.
- The median sale price for Southern Trails homes is around $345,000, although some properties can sell for over $600,000.
See All Southern Trails Homes For Sale
Southlake is a 315-acre, master-planned lakeside community of single-family homes located off of Highway 288.
- In addition to numerous walking paths that wind throughout the neighborhood, Southlake also has 5 lakes and 3 parks
- It includes The Park at Southlake, which features playgrounds, a park, and a swimming pool complex.
- Southlake homes typically sit on quarter-acre lots, with 4-5 bedrooms and 3-4 bathrooms.
- The median home sale price is $402,118, with some properties selling for upwards of $700,000.
For more data on the other top Pearland neighborhoods with good schools for custom list of homes zoned to top rated Pearland schools, contact Paige Martin, ranked as the #1 Individual Agent with Keller Williams in the city of Houston.
Lakepointe at Silverlake
One of Pearland’s most expensive neighborhoods, the lakeside community of Lakepointe at Silverlake tops our list of communities with best appreciation.
- The past year alone saw the median sales price of homes go up by over 30%.
- Part of the larger master-planned community of Silverlake, Lakepointe typically features two-story, single-family homes that sit on quarter-acre lots with 3–5 bedrooms.
- The median sales price for Lakepointe homes is over $450,000, though some properties can sell for upwards of $700,000.
Located within one of Houston’s best suburbs, Avalon Terrace is a boutique community of about 500 single family properties in Pearland.
- Its proximity to major roads such as Highway 288, Beltway 8, and FM 518 makes it easy for residents to drive to and from key Houston areas like Downtown Houston and Texas Medical Center.
- Producing figures like a 34% appreciation in five years and 45% appreciation in ten years’ time, homes in Avalon Terrace list for around $185,000 to $355,000
- These are only typically available on the market for 82 days before being purchased close to its asking price.
Dating back to its development in 1985, Southwyck subdivision is one of the fastest growing communities in Pearland with over 30% sale appreciation in five years upon purchase.
- Its high demand is mainly due to residents gaining access to the prestigious Southwyck Golf Country Club – an 18-hole golf course by the lake suited with the best amenities such as 2200 square foot banquet facility that overlooks the golf course.
- Southwyck has 1,661 single family properties with 2,240 Median Square Feet
- Its home values that ranges between $155,000 – $875,000 and sit on quarter-acre lots with four bedrooms and two bathrooms.
Autumn Lake’s affordable homes and high-performing schools are just some of the top reasons properties in the community continue to sell well.
- It has an accessible location along Hughes Ranch Road off Highway 288 which makes driving and commuting around nearby areas much easier
- The past year saw property values rise by 9%, bumping up the median sale price of homes in the lakeside community to $257,950.