Greater Hobby Area Houston Real Estate
Home to the William P. Hobby Airport, Greater Hobby Area is a “Super Neighborhood” just 10 miles south of Downtown Houston.
Greater Hobby Area is residential neighborhood just 10 miles southeast of Downtown Houston.
The community’s accessibility, top-rated schools, and affordability make it popular among homebuyers.
- SUPER NEIGHBORHOOD STATUS: Greater Hobby Area is a Houston-designated “Super Neighborhood”. Super Neighborhoods are geographically defined areas where residents, HOAs, institutions and commercial establishments cooperate to push civic plans for community improvement.
- HIGHLY RATED SCHOOLS: Greater Hobby Area homes are zoned to some of the Best Schools in the Greater Houston area. The list of top-ranked schools serving the neighborhood includes Cornelius Elementary and Laura Welch Bush Elementary schools.
- GREAT ACCESS TO WILLIAM P. HOBBY AIRPORT: Greater Hobby Area is home to Houston’s oldest commercial airport – William P. Hobby Airport. Hobby Airport is the city’s secondary airport for domestic airline service as well as a regional center for corporate and private aviation.
- SUPERB LOCATION: Nestled between major freeways such as the Beltway 8, I-45, and 610 Loop, Greater Hobby Area enjoys a central location and a good commute to: Texas Medical Center, Galleria, and Energy Corridor.
- PROXIMITY TO LEISURE HUBS: The neighborhood is close to recreation and cultural options. The Museum District, Hermann Park, and Houston Zoo are just 25 minutes away.
- AFFORDABLE HOMES: Sitting on landscaped grounds with lovely mature trees, some of Greater Hobby Area’s homes for sale date back to the 1930s. Owners and private homebuilders recently renovated and updated these homes.
Contacting Paige Martin, a top-ranked Houston realtor, for questions and advice about Greater Hobby Area homes for sale can greatly benefit homebuyers.
For more information on available Greater Hobby Area homes for sale and how they compare to nearby neighborhoods call Paige Martin at 713-384-5177 or email [email protected]
Get Personal Recommendations
– “Top 25 Agents in Houston,” Houston Business Journal
– #1 Keller Williams Agent, Houston
– #9 Keller Williams Agent, US
Greater Hobby Area Homes For Sale
Guide To Greater Hobby Area Neighborhood
Greater Hobby Area is a Super Neighborhood located southeast of Downtown Houston. It is a residential community that surrounds the William P. Hobby Airport.
Residents enjoy close proximity to major Houston destinations via Interstate 45, Beltway 8, and 610 Loop. They also benefit from a low cost of living compared to most neighborhoods close to Downtown.
While Houston’s Central Business District is just 10 miles away, there is still plenty to do in and around the neighborhood. There are a number of Tex-Mex restaurants in the area and the Almeda Mall and Almeda Shopping Center is just 5 miles away.
The Texas Medical Center, the largest medical facility in the country, and Houston’s main cultural hub, the Museum District, is about 30 minutes from Greater Hobby Area Houston.
The neighborhood is zoned to the Houston ISD and serviced by top-ranked schools including Cornelius Elementary School, Laura Welch Bush Elementary, and Stevenson Middle School.
Developed as early as the 1930s, a number of the neighborhood’s original homes still stand. These charming homes have since been renovated and upgraded. Greater Hobby Area also features new, custom-built homes and vacant lots.
The typical Greater Hobby Area home for sale features a 3-bedroom floor plan, with traditional architectural style. Lot areas range between 4,500 square feet to an expansive 7 acres.
Prices for Greater Hobby Area homes for sale start at around $130,000 to upwards of $250,000.
Greater Hobby Area Schools
Greater Hobby Area homes are zoned to Houston Independent School District (HISD), a district rated by the Texas Education Agency as “Met Standards”.
HISD is the largest school district in Texas, and the seventh largest in the United States. It has 283 schools educating more than 200,000 students. The district offers three specialized programs, namely vanguard, magnet, and neighborhood vanguard.
Schools zoned to Greater Hobby Area include Cornelius Elementary School and Laura Welch Bush Elementary School both rated 8/10 by GreatSchools.org.
*Note: For a more detailed guide to schools zoned to Greater Hobby Area real estate, check our Houston’s Best Schools OR email me at [email protected].
Paige Martin: Top Greater Hobby Area Realtor
As featured on Fox News in the Morning, Houston Business Journal and Houston Magazine, Paige Martin, a consistent Top Producing Broker-Associate and the owner of HoustonProperties.com, is ranked as one of the top residential real estate agents in the world.
Paige’s recent awards include:
- 2016: One of the Top 25 Residential Realtors in Houston, Houston Business Journal
- 2016: Five Star Realtor, Featured in Texas Monthly
- 2016: One of America’s Best Real Estate Agents, RealTrends.com
- 2015 Q3: #9 Individual Agent, Keller Williams, Worldwide (of 125,000 agents)
- 2015: #1 Individual Agent, Keller Williams, Texas
- 2015: #1 Individual Agent, Keller Williams, Southwest Texas (Houston, Woodlands, Katy, San Antonio)
- 2015: #1 Individual Agent, Keller Williams, Houston
- 2015: #1 Individual Agent, Keller Williams Memorial
- 2015: One of America’s Best Real Estate Agents, RealTrends.com
- 2015: One of the Top 25 Residential Realtors in Houston, Houston Business Journal
- 2015: Five Star Realtor, Featured in Texas Monthly Magazine
- 2014 – #1 Ranked Individual Agent, Keller Williams Memorial
- 2014 – “One of the Top 40 Houston Realtors,” Houston Chronicle
- 2014 – “One of America’s Best Real Estate Agents,” RealTrends.com
- 2014 – Five Star Realtor, Featured in Texas Monthly Magazine
- 2013 – #1 Ranked Individual Agent, Keller Williams Memorial
- 2013 – Top 50 Houston Realtors by the Houston Chronicle
- 2013 – Top 5 Ranked Individual Agent in the Houston Area with Keller Williams
- 2013 – Five Star Realtor, Featured in Texas Monthly Magazine
- 2012 – #1 Ranked Individual Agent in the Keller Williams Memorial Office
- 2012 – Top 5 Ranked Individual Agent in the Houston Area with Keller Williams
- 2011 – #1 Ranked Individual Agent in the Keller Williams Memorial Office
- 2011 – Top 10 Ranked Individual Agent in the Houston Area with Keller Williams
- 2010 – #1 Ranked Individual Agent in the Keller Williams Memorial Office
- 2010 – Top 10 Ranked Individual Agent in the Houston Area with Keller Williams
Paige works with a tremendous number of buyers and sellers within Greater Hobby Area, earning praises like “Paige Martin is the best Greater Hobby Area realtor I know.” Read more about client feedback and ratings here.
For a specific recommendation of neighborhoods, homes or properties based upon your personal style, goals & price point, please contact Paige Martin, Owner of HoustonProperties.com & Broker Associate at [email protected] or 713-384-5177.
The post Greater Hobby Area Houston TX Real Estate Guide & Homes For Sale appeared first on Houston Properties.