Memorial Parkway Katy TX Real Estate Guide
Home to two National Blue Ribbon Schools, Memorial Parkway is a large residential subdivision less than a mile south of Katy Freeway.
Made up of 2,200 homes, Memorial Parkway is located within Greater Katy, one of Houston’s Best Suburbs (based on accessibility, schools, and overall livability).
Memorial Parkway is one of Katy’s largest residential neighborhoods. The community features:
- NATIONAL BLUE RIBBON SCHOOLS: Three schools that serve the community – Taylor High, Memorial Parkway Junior High, and Memorial Parkway Elementary – are National Blue Ribbon Schools. MPJH, MPE, and Hayes Elementary are all located within the neighborhood. Katy ISD, one of the highly regarded school districts in Greater Houston, serves the community.
- COMMUNITY AMENITIES: Memorial Parkway features two recreation centers, one on Cimarron Parkway and another on Highland Knolls Drive. Residents can enjoy several facilities including swimming pools, tennis courts, a clubhouse, a basketball court, and a playground.
- SHORTER COMMUTES: Memorial Parkway homes benefit from the community’s location within Greater Katy. Main roads and freeways are minutes away, including Grand Parkway (Hwy 99), Katy Freeway (I-10), Highland Knolls Drive, Mason Road, and Kingsland Boulevard.
- NEAR DINING AND RETAIL: The Mason corridor is a stone’s throw away from Memorial Parkway. A number of restaurants, juice bars, cafes, lounges, and other commercial establishments line both sides of Mason Road. Residents have plenty of options just outside the neighborhood.
- ACTIVE COMMUNITY ASSOCIATION: The Memorial Parkway Community Association maintains the community’s common areas, enforces covenant restrictions, and organizes events.
Memorial Parkway real estate can get tricky to navigate due to its large area and older homes. Some have been updated, though others may need some tlc. Contacting the best Memorial Parkway realtor can benefit homebuyers looking for great recommendations and advice.
For any inquiries about Memorial Parkway homes recommendations, or off-market MLS listings, get in touch with Paige Martin, Owner of HoustonProperties.com and one of the best realtors in Houston.
Get Personal Recommendations
– “Top 25 Agents in Houston,” Houston Business Journal
– #1 Keller Williams Agent, Houston
– #9 Keller Williams Agent, US
POPULAR Memorial Parkway TX RESOURCES
- Memorial Parkway Homes For Sale
- Memorial Parkway Homes For Sale
- Memorial Parkway Home Sales Trends
- Memorial Parkway Townhome Trends
- Memorial Parkway Condo Sales Trends
- Memorial Parkway Home Resources
- Memorial Parkway Home Resources
- Memorial Parkway Maps & Location
- Neighborhoods Near Memorial Parkway
- Best Memorial Parkway Realtor
- Memorial Parkway TX Schools
- Memorial Parkway TX Schools
- Memorial Parkway TX High Schools
- Memorial Parkway TX Middle Schools
- Memorial Parkway TX Elementary Schools
- Memorial Parkway Community
- Top 12 Things Memorial Parkway Home Buyers Should Know
- Overview: Memorial Parkway History
- Fun Things to Do Near Memorial Parkway
Paige Martin – Best Memorial Parkway Realtor
Memorial Parkway Texas Homes For Sale
12 Things Memorial Parkway Real Estate Buyers Should Know
Memorial Parkway is a beautiful community with gorgeous bungalows, great schools, and short commutes to key districts.
- Three schools that serve the community – Taylor High, Memorial Parkway Junior High, and Memorial Parkway Elementary – are National Blue Ribbon Schools. MPJH, MPE, and Hayes Elementary are all located within the neighborhood. Katy ISD, one of the highly regarded school districts in Greater Houston, serves the community.
- Memorial Parkway homes benefit from the community’s location within Greater Katy. Main roads and freeways are minutes away, including Grand Parkway (Hwy 99), Katy Freeway (I-10), Highland Knolls Drive, Mason Road, and Kingsland Boulevard.
- The Mason corridor is a stone’s throw away from Memorial Parkway. A number of restaurants, juice bars, cafes, lounges, and other commercial establishments line both sides of Mason Road. Residents have plenty of options just outside the neighborhood.
- The Memorial Parkway Community Association maintains the community’s common areas, enforces covenant restrictions, and organizes events.
- Memorial Parkway features two recreation centers, one on Cimarron Parkway and another on Highland Knolls Drive. Residents can enjoy several facilities including swimming pools, tennis courts, a clubhouse, a basketball court, and a playground.
- Business and employment centers are highly accessible from the community. The Energy Corridor, Westchase, Galleria, downtown Houston, and the Medical Center are all within convenient driving distance.
- The neighborhood’s homes are varied. Traditional two-story homes, bungalows, patio homes, and ranch-style homes are available in the area.
- Built between the mid-1970s and early 1980s, the community is made up of some 2,200 single-family homes.
- Memorial Parkway homes typically offer 3 to 4 bedrooms with 2 full baths. Some can offer as many as 5 bedrooms.
- Living spaces can range from 1,400 to 3,000 square feet. Lot sizes are typically between 6,000 to around 9,000 square feet.
- Most homes on Memorial Parkway feature tree-canopied lots with spacious front and backyards. Some are located on cul-de-sacs.
- Prices for Memorial Parkway homes for sale typically range from $140,000 to upwards of $250,000.
Memorial Parkway Maps and Location
Memorial Parkway sits about a mile and half east of Grand Parkway (Hwy 99), barely a mile south of Katy Freeway (I-10). The residential subdivision is within Greater Katy, one of Houston’s Top Suburbs.
The 2,219-home community covers most of the area south of Kingsland Boulevard, west of Westgreen Boulevard, east of Mason Road, and north of Highland Knolls Drive. Some homes lie south of Highland Knolls.
The city of Katy is around 3 miles away, while Houston’s Energy Corridor is 5 miles east of Memorial Parkway.
Other planned communities, including Nottingham Country, Oak Park Trails, Westgreen Park, Cimarron, Kelliwood, West Memorial, and Cinco Ranch, surround the neighborhood.
Memorial Parkway homes are centrally located near retail and dining establishments, specifically along Mason Road. It is sometimes referred to as the Mason corridor, with restaurants, bars, cafes, and retail stores lining the said road.
Business and employment centers like the Energy Corridor, Galleria, and downtown Houston are easily accessible from Memorial Parkway. As the neighborhood lies along main thoroughfares, residents have fairly easy commutes to and from key districts in both Houston and Katy.
Memorial Parkway real estate have a 77450 zip code. (View Houston zip code map.)
– “One of America’s Best Real Estate Agents,” Real Trends
– Five Star Realtor Award, Multi-Year Winner
– “One of Houston’s Top 50 Realtors,” Houston Chronicle
Neighborhoods Near Memorial Parkway TX
West of Memorial Parkway
- Cinco Ranch
- City of Katy
- Falcon Point
- Falcon Landing
- Falcon Ranch
- Lake Pointe Estates
- Grayson Lakes
North of Memorial Parkway
- Governors Place
- West Memorial
- Fairfield at Kingsland
- Mason Center
East of Memorial Parkway
- Nottingham Country
- Westgreen Park
- Green Trails
- Memorial Parkway
- Windsor Park Lakes
- Windsor Park Estates
- George Bush Park
South of Memorial Parkway
- Cinco Ranch
- Oak Park Trails
- Willow Park Greens
- Kelliwood Terrace
- Kelliwood Courts
- Willow Fork
- Grand Lakes
Memorial Parkway TX Schools
Memorial Parkway homes are zoned to some of the most highly rated schools within the Katy Independent School District (KISD).
The Katy Independent School District (KISD) is one of the most highly regarded school districts in the Greater Houston area. Rated “Met Standard” by the Texas Education Agency, the KISD features several multi-award winning schools.
Three National Blue Ribbon Schools serve the community: Taylor High School, Memorial Parkway Elementary, and Memorial Parkway Junior High. Hayes, MPE and MPJH are all located within the neighborhood.
Students in the area may attend the following public schools:
- Memorial Parkway Elementary School at 21603 Park Tree Ln. Named a National Blue Ribbon School in 1998-1999, Memorial Parkway Elementary School has been serving the area since 1978. It has gifted and talented and ESL programs, as well as art, music, and PE programs.
- Hayes Elementary School at 21203 Park Timbers Ln. Jeannette Hayes Elementary School is also located within Memorial Parkway and was established in 1995. Like so many Katy ISD schools, it has also received an Exemplary rating from the TEA.
- Memorial Parkway Junior High School at 21203 Highland Knolls Dr. Named National Blue Ribbon School in 1999-2000, MPJH is located within the Memorial Parkway neighborhood. Opened in 1982, the school offers a great academics programs, including pre-advanced placement and gifted and talented.
- Taylor High School at 20700 Kingsland Blvd. James E. Taylor High School is a National Blue Ribbon School (1994, 1995, 1996) and has received a number of awards since opening in 1979. The TEA rated the school “Exemplary” multiple times. Newsweek has also included Taylor High in its list of “America’s Top High Schools” multiple times.
Memorial Parkway Houston Private Schools
The following are some of the more notable private schools near Memorial Parkway.
- Katy Adventist Christian School at 1913 East Ave.
- Aristoi Classical Academy at 11st St.
- Faith West Academy at 2225 Porter Rd.
- Mirus Academy at 5561 3rd St.
- St. John XXIII High School at 1800 N Grand Pkwy.
- Cinco Ranch Montessori School at 2530 Peek Rd.
- Katy Christian Academy at 1941 Westborough Dr.
To find an updated listing of all Memorial Parkway real estate zoned to any specific public school, please send an email to Paige Martin at [email protected] with the property preference and budget that you’re working with.
*Note: School zoning tends to change from year to year, information provided above are accurate but not guaranteed. Please double check by visiting the school’s website.
Memorial Parkway Real Estate Trends
Like most established communities in Greater Katy, Memorial Parkway has a relatively stable real estate market. Property values have steadily increased with slight fluctuations.
Price per square foot is at around $90 in 2015, and the median appraised value of Memorial Parkway real estate is at $150,000.
A number of factors continue to draw homebuyers into the community, including its high quality schools and short commutes to Houston. Homes in Memorial Parkway, however, are older (built between the mid-1970s and early 1980s), though some have been updated.
(Data sourced from the Houston Association of Realtors Multiple Listing Service and is deemed reliable but not guaranteed.)
For updated information regarding Memorial Parkway real estate pricing and trend analysis, please contact Paige Martin at [email protected]
Memorial Parkway Single-Family Home Sale Trends
Memorial Parkway is made up of bungalows, patio homes, ranch-style homes, and traditional two-story homes. Most sit on mid-sized lots (by Houston standards) and were built between the mid-1970s and early 1980s.
Some have been updated, while others were built later (1990-2000).
Memorial Parkway’s 2,219 single-family homes typically feature 3- to 4-bedroom floor plans. Living areas range from 1,400 to around 3,000 square feet. Lot sizes are between 6,000 to 9,000. Some Memorial Parkway homes can sit on larger lots, to upwards of 15,000 square feet.
Mature trees, traditional aesthetics, and spacious yards are common in the area. Some homes also feature swimming pools, detached garages, and cul-de-sac lots.
Memorial Parkway homes for sale typically start at around $140,000. Updated homes can cost upwards of $250,000.
Memorial Parkway Townhomes Sale Trends
There are no Memorial Parkway townhomes for sale, as the community is mostly made up of single-family homes. There are plenty of townhome options available in other master-planned communities in Greater Katy, however, including Cinco Ranch Southwest and further east in Green Trails.
Memorial Parkway Condo Sale Trends
There are no mid- or high-rise Memorial Parkway condos for sale. The city of Katy, and most of the Greater Katy area, tend to lean toward single-family homes. Very few multi-family homes are available in the area, including within the mixed-use development LaCenterra at Cinco Ranch.
For residential condo options, homebuyers will have check out farther east in the Energy Corridor and Memorial areas of Houston. The Galleria is a popular choice for upscale condos and luxury lofts.
To see other condos within the Inner Loop, see Inner Loop Houston Condos. To see condos within the Galleria area, see Galleria Houston Condos.
Memorial Parkway TX History
Memorial Parkway is one of Greater Katy’s older, more established neighborhoods. It was built during the mid-1970s through to the early 1980s. During this period, the area was experiencing a lot of growth and a number of other subdivisions and communities were built.
Residential developments, like Cinco Ranch, Kelliwood, Green Trails, and Memorial Parkway grew thanks to the completion of Interstate 10 (Katy Freeway) and Houston’s westward expansion. Demand for housing outside the city, the highly sought-after Katy ISD, and easier commutes drew homebuyers into the Greater Katy area.
Today, homes in communities like Memorial Parkway are still in great demand. With its award-winning schools, peaceful atmosphere, and central location, Memorial Parkway’s appeal is hard to resist.
Fun Things To Do Near Memorial Parkway
With numerous retail and dining options just outside the community, Memorial Parkway residents are spoiled for choice. Several restaurants, juice bars, cafes, and retail establishments line Mason Road, just minutes away from the community.
For even more retail and entertainment options, residents can take a short drive to Katy Mills or the LaCenterra at Cinco Ranch. Katy Mills is the city of Katy’s main shopping destination, while the latter is an upscale mixed-use development that features boutiques and restaurants alongside office spaces and residential apartments.
Outdoor activity enthusiasts can visit the Golf Club at Cinco Ranch for its 18-hole par 71 golf course or George Bush Park for its variety of sports facilities, trails and picnic areas.
Memorial Parkway also offers a few options within its two recreation centers. The facility along Cimarron Parkway features a swimming pool and three tennis courts. The recreation center along Highland Knolls Drive, on the other hand, showcases a clubhouse, three tennis courts, a basketball court, and a swimming pool.
Here are some of Memorial Parkway Katy must-visit places:
- Palma de Cera
- El Canton Firewood Pizzeria
- Sushi Hana
- The Bagel Cafe
- Pho Saigon
- Cilantro’s Arepa Grill
- Sushi 9
- Ephesus Mediterranean Grill
- Katy Mills Mall
- LaCenterra at Cinco Ranch
- The Cellar Door
- Einstein’s Pub
- MidPoint bar + eatery
- Bourbon Street Sports Bar
- Mo’s Place
- Duke’s Tavern
- Drix Restaurant and Lounge
- Little Woodrow’s
- Q Bar Katy
- 510 Bar & Cafe
- Sprouts Farmers Market
- Trader Joe’s
- H-E-B Plus
- Fiesta Mart
- Walmart Neighborhood Market
- Meadowbrook Farms Golf Club
- The Golf Club at Cinco Ranch
- The Club at Falcon Point
- Willow Fork Country Club
Memorial Parkway Houston Realtor – Paige Martin
As featured on Fox News in the Morning, Houston Business Journal and Houston Magazine, Paige Martin, a consistent Top Producing Broker-Associate and the owner of HoustonProperties.com, is ranked as one of the top residential real estate agents in the world.
Find My Perfect Neighborhood
– #1 Agent, Keller Williams, Memorial
– #1 Agent, Keller Williams, Texas
– #9 Agent, Keller Williams, United States
Paige Martin’s recent awards include
- 2016: One of the Top 25 Residential Realtors in Houston, Houston Business Journal
- 2016: Five Star Realtor, Featured in Texas Monthly
- 2016: One of America’s Best Real Estate Agents, RealTrends.com
- 2015 Q3: #9 Individual Agent, Keller Williams, Worldwide (of 125,000 agents)
- 2015: #2 Individual Agent, Keller Williams, Texas
- 2015: #1 Individual Agent, Keller Williams, Southwest Texas (Houston, Woodlands, Katy, San Antonio)
- 2015: #1 Individual Agent, Keller Williams, Houston
- 2015: #1 Individual Agent, Keller Williams Memorial
- 2015: One of America’s Best Real Estate Agents, RealTrends.com
- 2015: One of the Top 25 Residential Realtors in Houston, Houston Business Journal
- 2015: Five Star Realtor, Featured in Texas Monthly Magazine
- 2014 – #1 Ranked Individual Agent, Keller Williams Memorial
- 2014 – “One of the Top 40 Houston Realtors,” Houston Chronicle
- 2014 – “One of America’s Best Real Estate Agents,” RealTrends.com
- 2014 – Five Star Realtor, Featured in Texas Monthly Magazine
- 2013 – #1 Ranked Individual Agent, Keller Williams Memorial
- 2013 – Top 50 Houston Realtors by the Houston Chronicle
- 2013 – Top 5 Ranked Individual Agent in the Houston Area with Keller Williams
- 2013 – Five Star Realtor, Featured in Texas Monthly Magazine
- 2012 – #1 Ranked Individual Agent in the Keller Williams Memorial Office
- 2012 – Top 5 Ranked Individual Agent in the Houston Area with Keller Williams
- 2011 – #1 Ranked Individual Agent in the Keller Williams Memorial Office
- 2011 – Top 10 Ranked Individual Agent in the Houston Area with Keller Williams
- 2010 – #1 Ranked Individual Agent in the Keller Williams Memorial Office
- 2010 – Top 10 Ranked Individual Agent in the Houston Area with Keller Williams
Paige works with a tremendous number of buyers and sellers within Memorial Parkway, earning praises like “Paige Martin is the best Memorial Parkway TX realtor I know.” Read more about client feedback and ratings here.
For a specific recommendation of neighborhoods, homes or properties based upon your personal style, goals & price point, please contact Paige Martin, Owner of HoustonProperties.com & Broker Associate at [email protected] or 713-384-5177.
The post Memorial Parkway TX Real Estate | Memorial Parkway Homes For Sale appeared first on Houston Properties.