Ever heard of these apps? My guess is that the vast majority of hypnotherapists haven’t a clue what I am talking about. You see the world of social media is changing all the time and the latest methods of communicating with your followers is by Live Streaming video from your phone. Both Periscope and Meerkat allow you to do this and both are linked to your Twitter account. In fact Twitter owns Periscope. This allows users to comment on your live streams and see how many people are actually watching and viewing your content. If people like what they are seeing then they like it on Meerkat or signal their approval with a heart on Periscope.
So what do these two apps mean for you. Well firstly if we look at their usefulness outside of promoting you Hypnotherapy Business. Lets say that you are on holiday and you are about to take the cable car up Table Mountain in South Africa. How amazing would it be to livestream the views and your comments on your phone. You could arrange for your friends and family to be alerted of the Broadcast and show them exactly what you are experiencing at that moment. Or perhaps you are out and about and you come across an amazing sight. Same thing start a broadcast and transmit what you are seeing to your followers. If they like what they see the comments will start to flow in. Just remember that on Periscope what you broadcast is deleted within 24 hours.
Using Live Streaming to Promote Your Hypnotherapy Practice
As this blog is all about marketing them of course I am going to talk about how you can use this great tool to promote your business.
1) Using it for Q&A sessions – I know that you will find that many of your customers ask the same questions again and again before they book. Am I asleep under hypnosis? Will I remember what I say? What about creating a broadcast for people thinking about booking with you where you can answer their questions live. Instead of repeating the same questions again and again you can transmit to many people and save time.
2) Group Work – There are a huge number of possibilities of working with clients online and this system has now added another dimension. Imagine offering cheap hypnosis for stop smoking sessions to your customers. Instead of meeting you the hypnosis session is carried out as a live broadcast to those who have signed up and paid you money. No of course it wouldn’t be the same as seeing you one to one but your price could reflect that. Just make sure that you take the same precautions that you would use for Skype sessions. Vet your potential clients carefully and make sure there are no reasons why they should not be using hypnosis.
3) Demonstrations – Many people are afraid of hypnosis and worry about what could happen to them when they see a hypnotherapist. Create a live broadcast of you working with a subject so people can tune in and see the power of hypnosis in action.
4) Announcements – Just got featured in a magazine. Create a broadcast about it. Or what about that new audio that you are selling? Tell your followers so that they are informed about what you are doing and your product offerings.
5) Follow your Potential Customers – Find out who is on the app in your local area and start to follow them and comment on their videos. Remember social media flows in two directions. If they need a hypnotherapist in the future you are the person who will immediately spring to mind.
6) Interact with Fellow Therapists – How about using the apps so that you can hold live supervision sessions? Or stuck with how to handle a particular client. Head on over to the apps and call for help from your fellow professionals for instant feedback.
As both of these apps have been going for less than six months this form of communication is in its infancy. Lets see if they stick around but for the short term experiment and see where this great new form of communication can take you.
The post Using Periscope and Meerket to Promote Your Hypnotherapy Business appeared first on Hypnotherapy Marketing Expert.