There are many types of industrial tools. Some tools are useful for almost all industries while others are useful for specialized industries such as carpentry and automobile industries. Hacksaw Blades and HSS tool bits are two such pieces of equipment which are essential for all industrial projects. Both of them are metal cutting tools but they differ in their structure and application.
Hacksaw is a C shaped metal-framed saw used primarily for cutting plastic and metal pipes and other small household materials. It has a U-shaped bow frame that holds a thin, wide blade between its spigots (also known as clips or posts) and a plastic or wood handle at one end.Hacksaw blades are usually made up of carbon steel or high-speed steel.
On the other hand Tool bit is a non-rotary cutting tool used in metal lathes, shapers, and planers. Such cutters are known as single-point cutting tools. Tool bits are made of HSS, cobalt steel, or carbide.
Saws for cutting metal had been in use for many years but with manufacturing of hacksaw blades, there have been enormous improvements to the cutting ability. Today there are different hacksaw variants available in the market.
Importance of Hacksaw Blades:
1. Hacksaws were originally made for cutting metal, but they can also cut various other materials, such as plastic and wood.
2. Regular Hacksaw blades cut low strength metals with ease. Examples of such metals are aluminium and tin.
3. Raker Hacksaw cut hard metals like iron. They are efficient but not quick.
4. Ripping, crosscutting, mitring, and beveling can be accomplished using the table saw.
Hacksaw and some of their important variants:
1. Japanese Saw is a family of pull saws known for a thinner blade. These saws can be used for cutting dense wood.
2. Coping Saw can cut tight radiuses. But its most useful feature is the ability to remove the blade and thread it through a drilled hole to cut inside profiles.
3. Jigsaw is used for custom cutting plywood or polycarbonate sheet.
4. The worm drive saw also known as electric circular saws is used for wet lumber and concrete.
Hacksaw can accomplish various cutting tasks with ease. They are not just employed for metals today but for wood and plastic also. Bipico Industries provide a range of power and hand hacksaw blades which will get your job done with ease at a minimum price.