“An employee motivation is the direct result of the sum of interaction with his/her Manager”
In the most recent study conducted by the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. Miami is the 3rd among major cities in the United States in terms of employment growth. And to maintain and achieve growth in other aspects of the business world, they need to have a satisfied and well-motivated employees to increase productivity that will lead to Higher profit or income. Let us dissect the art of Motivation and evaluate the factors that will produce happy and productive employees.
According to Herzberg’s theory of motivation. There are two kinds of motivating factor that are inversely related to each other. The first one is the Extrinsic Motivators; these are the Tangible Things like compensation, job security, benefits, etc. Which, if are present there will be a higher chance of motivation and satisfaction to employees.
The second one is what we call the Intrinsic Motivators. These are, the less tangible things like recognition, promotion, challenges, relationship etc.. And if these things are absent, it will be more likely to produce demoralized, inefficient and unhappy workers. What do employees need to be happy? And what does a manager should do ?
- Give the Basic right– To provide what is important (salary, benefits, incentives)
- Give Ownership– Let your people do what you want them to do with trust and confidence that they will deliver the result with excellence
- Delegate Effectively– Provide them with the task according to their skill and abilities. In that way, they will have a chance to grow and gain a higher position
- Be their Partner– Create a balanced relationship which will create harmony and value of respect to each other
- Lend them your Ears– Show empathy to every concern or problem that they say to you and provide a sincere resolution for them not to feel neglected and taken for granted.
- Earn their Trust– The most important factor that every Manager needs to focus on. Because whatever or however you do, it will just be an easier task to motivate people if they have trust in you.
Managers would have to exert more effort in making their employees love what they are doing. And by using the basic motivational approach, it will aid in motivation and producing a more effective, satisfied and happy employees that will result in a much higher productivity of the company. Hence will benefit both sides of the party.
This post first appeared on EZ Apply - Job Application Service - Online Job Ap, please read the originial post: here