Employment law or labor law intermediates the employee-employer relationship. The law relates to the rights of the employees at work. The employment law ascended with the Industrial Revolution as the relationship between a worker and an employer changed from small-scale production studios to large-scale factories.
Handled all employment law issues for over 34 years, Robert Doran, Litigation Counsel has been taking all employment law cases with great attention and understanding. The lawyers understand the stress involved in each case and take tremendous care to lessen the influence of unfair termination and other related problems.
Our strategy towards solving cases
A successful employment law lawyer is one who knows about the variations taking place in the employment law zone. Robert Doran, Litigation Counsel recognizes the significance of changes in legislation and keeping a track of authoritative patterns.
Positive and practical legal answers matching your requirement
Our employment law attorneys help you at each step of your employment relationship from in-house counseling on contracts through all stages of an employment dispute from pre-litigation advice to court litigation.
- Contractual problems — Disputes on employment agreements, non-disclosure/non-solicitation and confidentiality agreements disputes, severance agreements, and independent contractor disputes.
- Payment differences — Wages disputes, equal pay claims, hour disputes, employee benefits, overtime, holiday requests, leave requests, medical leave and family leave.
- Discrimination and harassment — Disputes covering race, age, gender, sexual orientation, nationality, religion, disability, pregnancy, health disputes and sexual harassment.
- Unlawful termination —Whistleblower and retaliation claims, discrimination, harassment, civil rights violation and human rights claims.
- Our Guidance and counseling — Negotiation and drafting of employment agreements, employee code of conduct compliance, non-disclosure/non-solicitation and confidentiality agreements, payroll and overtime issues and union management relations.
Employment law lawyers areas to action
- For Employers — helping employers understand their rights, duties, and liabilities that they can be made subject to in the course of the employment relationship.
- For Employees — supporting employees in the declaration of their rights at the workplace and protecting them against discrimination and illegal termination.
- For Executives — supporting executives at medium and senior levels of a company in knowing their rights under Canadian employment law apart from the rights provided in the executive employment agreement, severance agreements for executives, compensation and bonus agreements for executives, advising the executives on illegal termination and law of contract, and restraint of trade covenants.
- Management Labor Relations — Representing both management and the work-force in matters related to collective bargaining, union campaigns, administrative agency investigations, implementation of discipline and discharge protocols, wrongful termination, discrimination, and harassment at workplace, restrictive covenants enforceability, compensation claims and whistleblower matters.
Staying updated with the recent trends in employment law, our employment law attorneys in the Robert Doran, Litigation Counsel provide an impressive delivery of our legal services which has resulted in making us one of the trusted employment law lawyers for more than 34 years.