There are different types of areas that fall in the category of Personal Injury law. Personal injury means covering those injuries or accidents that effect adversely, not even, physically (i.e. on the body or health) but also psychologically (i.e. mental or emotional state). The motive of personal injury law firms is to provide compensation to the victim by the accused party.
Different Types of Settlements
- Formal Lawsuits:- In formal personal injury case, a private individual (the "plaintiff") files a civil "complaint" against any other person, corporation, business, or government agency (the "defendant"), charging that they acted in an irresponsible or careless manner while dealing with an accident or injury that caused harm. This kind of action is referred as "filing a lawsuit.
- Informal Settlement:- With the help of mediation process, most of the clashes over fault for an accident or injury are solved. This kind of mediation process generally follows the formula of informal early settlement between the affected and the accused party. The matter can be settled by the payment of an agreeable amount of money rather than approaching the court.
Robert Doran, Litigation Counsel’s areas of expertise in Personal Injury Law:
- Vehicle Accidents —Truck accidents, car crashes, motorcycle accidents, bicycle accidents, passenger accidents, pedestrian accidents, drunk driving, hit and run, DWI, roll-over incidents;
- Occupiers/premises liability claims — Slip and fall accidents, dog bites, tripping incidents, third party liability and stairs accidents.
- Product liability claims/defective products litigation — Design defects, manufacturing defects, faulty products, safety procedures flouted, inadequate instructions/warnings, airbag injuries and seatbelts.
- Workplace accidents — fall, exposure to toxins and chemicals, chemical burns, explosions and fires and defective machinery.
Robert Doran Litigation Firm-Our approach and management of Personal injury Case
For every individual case, the approach followed by Robert Doran Litigation Firm is thorough and competent yet sympathetic as we care for the emotional sentiments involved with the personal injury claims. The Robert Doran Litigation Counsel can support you to understand the entire life cycle of a personal injury lawsuit that includes procurement of medical records, drafting and issuing demand letters, drafting discovery requests (interrogatories, request for production and request for admission), correspondence with relevant statutory authorities, and working out settlements with private parties and insurance companies through our proven experience and expertise.
If you have suffered with any personal injury, contact with a personal injury law attorney who has experience in your jurisdiction.
Damages covered in personal injury litigation
- Medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Loss of income
- Costs of future care
- Future diminished earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Physical disability
- Property damage