Today’s Podcast is about daily Social Selling disciplines. Social selling success isn’t about going viral or adding thousands of LinkedIn connections. Social selling success boils down to key daily disciplines or KPI’s (Key Performance Indicators).
One of the first pieces of advice I can give on using social media and social networks to attract, sell and grow new accounts is…. DON’T QUIT.
Having a plan and process that we follow daily is going to help keep us on track, long-after social selling is no longer new and exciting. It takes work and consistency to win, this is a long game that pays big dividends if we do it right.
In this podcast I listed 12 Daily Disciplines for Social Sellers, this of course is just an example and you’re going to need to refine it and make it yours. Here are they are (deeper explanation in the podcast):
12 Social Selling Daily Disciplines
- Check for signals
- Visit “top client / top prospect” profiles for opportunities.
- Look for trigger/life events
- Thank / follow-back / connect
- Add offline connections and cross-platform connections
- Curate or create 1-2 pieces of great content daily.
- Ask for introductions
- Do something community focused – give back
- Engage with key influencers
- Send content to key accounts for lead nurturing
- Pro-actively reach out to new prospects with context
- Get Sociable! Daily
As I mention in the sales podcast, none of these activities are complicated. The magic is in combining them and doing it daily, making it part of what you do and who you are as a salesperson!
This post first appeared on Social Selling Speaker Shane Gibson's Blog And Social Media Podcast, please read the originial post: here