Productivity is a rarity now that we live in a fast-paced society. People are so busy handling multiple jobs, projects, and responsibilities that it's difficult to get by without a to-do list on hand.
The answer: a to-do List App that makes task management easy and focused.
But that's where another problem comes in. There are too many to do list apps to choose from. You have many options to choose from that choosing the right app can be time-consuming and overwhelming.
You want the best to do list app that fits your needs and your own personal system when managing tasks and projects. You want an app that has all the features and tools you need to get the job done.
We at Cloudship know how difficult it is to find an app that fits all the above, so here's our take on what makes a great to-do list app:
- A simple and clean user interface – the best to do list app does not let its user interface get in the way. A simple and clean design brings the focus to the task/s at hand, removing distractions that could block productivity. The use of 1-3 light and complimentary colours is one way to achieve this.
- Intuitive design and features – more than just being a clean slate to work with, a good to-do list app should be intuitive that the learning curve does not get in the way of user experience. Features should be comprehensive enough for users to use and remember.
- Seamless scheduling – a great way to motivate yourself is assigning deadlines or due dates to tasks. A good to-do app should make scheduling easy and seamless for the user. In addition, you should be able to plan tasks that start in the future or tasks that repeat over time.
- Notes – a task management app can never be complete without a note-taking system integrated into the app. Notes allow you to add more details to a task that you may want to remember after. You can use notes to list down addresses, phone numbers, and other information.
- Attachments – files are necessary, especially when working on bigger projects and tasks with other members. You should be able to upload and attach files of different formats (or at least the most common) that other people can download and open as well. Files work especially well on Cloudship, where it is easy to upload documents, spreadsheets, and the like when working on your notes.
We know that every to do list app is unique and it is difficult to find the best to do list app for you. We do hope that with this short guide, you will be able to narrow your choices and pick out the best app that works for you.
What do you usually look for in an online to-do list app? Share your thoughts in the comments below.