The site has ‘good practice’ information for home owners and businesses:
- Everyone who is responsible for an oil store/tank - check your tank regularly, what you should be looking for.
- Farmers - advice on how to look after your oil.
- Boat owners and hire companies - it’s important to take care not to let oil reach the water that’s all around you.
- Motorists - if you change your own oil you need to dispose of it safely and legally.
- Owners of oil tanks in flood risk areas - make sure your tank can’t float away.
- Protect your oil from theft - safeguard your valuable asset, theft is an increasing issue.
- People using biodegradablelubricants - what you need to know.
- People with waste oil - check their ‘good practice’ advice for when you store, handle or dispose of waste oils.
The website has links to legal requirements, the latest news from the OCC and are developing case studies for oil storage and use.
You can also request free Tank stickers!