Kerosene heating oil is just Kerosene heating oil…….or is it?
You may have seen on Fuelfighter.co.uk the option to select Premium Kerosene for Aga style cookers or boilers and noticed that they are slightly dearer than standard kerosene, this is due to the additives added to the kerosene to improve its performance and storability. Here are 5 reasons to consider upgrading to premium kerosene for either Aga style cookers or boilers.
- Sooty carbon deposits can build up around the jets or burners causing variable heat output and controllability and reduced performance. Premium kerosene reduces this “coking” prolonging the life of the parts within your boiler and reduces the amount of times you have to have your range cooker cleaned out.
- Kerosene has a half life and can degrade in quality over a relatively short period of time. Premium kerosene contains additives which extend the shelf life of fuel in the tank meaning improved burn rates for those who only use kerosene occasionally or buy just once or twice a year.
- Inhibits the growth of sludgy deposits at the bottom of your tank. Kerosene naturally produces a sediment layer which builds up over time and can eventually be drawn into the system and cause excessive smoking or even blockages. Premium kerosene heating oil contains additives which “eat” away at this sediment giving you a cleaner tank and cleaner burning fuel. This in turn prevents tank corrosion.
- Lowers CO2 emissions when burnt meaning you lower your carbon footprint and help reduce global warming.
- Increases the efficiency of your system by up to 10% reducing the amount of oil you use.
N.B. If you have a range style cooker as well as a boiler on the same system then please order Premium Kerosene Heating oil for Aga’s as this will benefit both units.
So if you feel that you may benefit from these points then why not give it a go next time, we are sure you will notice the difference. Get a quote here.