Civilizations like the Greek and Roman empires have paused to celebrate their mothers since Antiquity, but Mother’s Day only became an official holiday in the United States in 1914. Ever since, Mother’s Day has been celebrated on the second Sunday in May. In 2017, the holiday lands on May 14.
Mother’s Day Brunch is an annual tradition, but you don’t have to pay full price to show your mom how much you care. Here are some Mother’s Day brunch ideas for saving money while expressing your gratitude.
Specials and Discounts for Mother’s Day Brunch
Here are a handful places where you can celebrate mom for less.
- Arooga’s Grille House: All locations, including franchise locations, are inviting moms everywhere to eat free starting at 11 a.m. with a purchase of equal or greater value.
- Bob Evans: Use this coupon to save $4 on a purchase of $20 or more through May 13.
- Boston Market: Print this coupon or use code 35919 to get $5 off any Family Meal purchase for four people or more. Good on Mother’s Day only.
- Capital Grille: Enjoy a selection of starters, entrees and desserts for $49 for adults and $15 for children. Add endless mimosas for $12.
- Carrows: If mom prefers lunch to brunch, head over to Carrows where you can enjoy special ham or turkey dinners for just $13.69. Try a combo of ham and turkey for $14.69.
- Champps: All moms who dine at Champps between May 12 and 14 get a free meal of up to a $15 value on a return visit.
- Claim Jumper: Enjoy one of the best all-you-can-eat buffets at Claim Jumper. The buffet starts at $20.99 and runs from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Cracker Barrel: Use code TAKE20 to save 20 percent on any order through the weekend.
- Fleming’s Steakhouse: Mother’s Day brunch includes three courses for $47.95 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. There’s also a three-course kids’ menu for $18.95.
- Fogo de Chao: Celebrate Mother’s Day from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. at Fogo de Chao and get a complimentary dining card that’s good from May 15 through July 13.
- Hooters: Moms eat free with the purchase of a beverage on May 14. Participation and menu items vary by location.
- Melting Pot: Celebrate Mother’s Day lunch or dinner at the Melting Pot and you’ll get three courses for $30-$35 or four courses for $43-$45 per person. You can also indulge in a “mom”osa drink.
- Mimi’s Cafe: Mimi’s invites moms to enjoy its Mother’s Day three-course meal, which comes with free seasonal bread and a ready-to-plant wildflower seed card. Even better, moms get a coupon for a free entree when they return before May 28.
- Morton’s Steakhouse: If you’re in the mood for an extravagant brunch this Mother’s Day, Morton’s features a steak-and-lobster special for $56
- Olive Garden: For the moms who prefer dining at home, order Olive Garden’s Ready-To-Bake Bundle, which serves as many as 12 people. The bundle costs $89 and must be ordered by May 11 for pickup on May 13.
- Outback Steakhouse: Treat Mom to an $18.99 meal that includes a signature entrée, two freshly made sides and a cheesecake dessert. Valid May 12-14.
- Romano’s Macaroni Grill: Save 25 percent when you purchase an e-gift card through May 14 using code MOM17. Then treat mom to a special prix fixe two-course dinner menu all weekend long for just $19.99 per person.
- Roy’s: All Roy’s locations will open at 9 a.m. on May 14 and will be serving a special three-course brunch for $36. A children’s menu will also be available for $13. Plus, all tables will receive a $20 dining card good for a future visit.
- Ruth’s Chris Steakhouse: Select locations are open at noon, and moms will receive a $25 dining card for a future celebration.
- Shoney’s: Mothers get a free slice of strawberry pie with an entree or food bar purchase, which includes edamame succotash, coconut shrimp and Southern style vegetables.
- Wienerschnitzel: When you’re hungry again after Mother’s Day brunch, moms eat free all day at Wienerschnitzel. Offerings include a chili dog, small fries and a small soda.
On May 14, you can thank your mom for a lifetime of care, compassion and sacrifice with a special brunch at a special price.
Check Out: Here’s How Much Stay-At-Home Moms Could Be Making
This article originally appeared on GOBankingRates.com: These 21 Restaurants Are Offering the Best Mother’s Day Brunch Deals
This post first appeared on GOBankingRates | Compare The Best Interest Rates &, please read the originial post: here