Your website may have some issues if people aren’t visiting your website or aren’t staying long when they do. The problem could be your website isn’t giving visitors what they want. Or, the information they’re searching for is difficult to find. Visitors should be able to quickly navigate around your website.
An Irresistible Website Does This:
- Include these three must-have pages in the top navigation:
- About page. This is the place to explain a bit about you and your company. It helps the visitor get to know you better, as well as meet those in your company or on your team.
- Services/Products page. This is where you include the products or services your business offers the customers you serve.
- Contact page. Keep this page clearly marked in the top navigation bar. Make it easy for customers to contact you. It’s important to include how you prefer to be contacted whether it’s via a contact form on this page, a provided email address, by phone, or if you have a physical office location with office hours. Do you know the elements of an Irresistible website?
- Keep clicks to a minimum. Wherever possible, throughout your website give people the information they want in as few clicks as possible. Write page copy concisely so someone doesn’t need to scroll through long pages of text. A buy now button or a download button doesn’t have to be at the bottom of the page.
- Use well-written and proofread page copy. Your webpage copy should be well-written with proper usage and grammar, plus be free of any spelling errors. Just as you’re mindful of proper business writing with your professional documents, the same care should be taken with your website copy. Use a clear and concise writing style that’s easy to understand. Take care to limit technical jargon unless you intend to explain what’s written as an educational piece. In your efforts to keep your copy well-written and professional, don’t forget to include your voice! Make sure your personality shines through consistently in all your copy.
- Regularly review website copy for outdated links and information. If your website includes news and events, and visitors see everything is outdated, they won’t feel confident you’re doing anything recently which may be relevant to them. It’s also frustrating to click on a broken link that goes nowhere or results in a 404 error. By conducting regularly scheduled reviews you can avoid an accumulation of old information, and ensure your website is always up-to-date.
- Appropriately sized images and graphics. Bigger isn’t always better when is comes to the size of images and graphics. Images that are too large can impact the page upload speed. It’s frustrating to wait for an image or graphic to load especially if this image is missing a title or alt tag so the person isn’t sure what the image/graphic may be. A great way to make sure your images are the right size and load quickly is to use a plugin like TinyPNG. It will automatically compress and optimize your images when you upload them to your WordPress site!
- Avoid adding automatic music and animated banner ads. When someone comes to a website, remember they’re coming from something they saw on social media, an email, or a Google search. You want them to be able to find this information without being distracted by auto-playing music or an animated banner. It’s often so distracting, the person immediately begins searching for the off button. During the search to turn off the offensive noise, your visitor could become frustrated and decide to leave the website, never finding the information that drove them to your site to begin with.
As a professional speaker or coach, you want an irresistible website people will return to again and again as they read your blog and bookmark relevant information and resources. Reach out today to schedule a complimentary 30 minute call to find out how the BizEase Support web team can help you develop and design a website you’re proud of.