While visiting the 2018 Shot Show, I noticed something rather strange. There was something missing that should have been in clear view of all attendees. I looked, looked, and looked some more, and was never able to find it.
The missing items were - public awareness about the flu. The CDC says the flu outbreak of 2017 - 2018 is near epidemic levels. Yet, with an estimated 60,000 people attending SHOT Show in Vegas, not a single poster, no hand sanitizer... nothing about the flu.
SHOT Show, and other trade shows, are a Perfect Vector for disease transmission:
- People flying in from all over the world.
- Face-to-face conversations.
- Show lasted four days. Which was plenty of time for people to become infected and not show symptoms.
- Before symptoms started to show, people would be back on a plane.
- Tight quarters of a jetliners are a perfect vector for transmitting the flu.
- Layovers in airports would provide the possibility of infecting people who are traveling all over the world.
The post Something Missing From The 2018 SHOT Show appeared first on Rural Lifestyle Blog.
This post first appeared on Homesteading And Survivalism - Ramblings Of A Bore, please read the originial post: here