“What does it really mean to get Publicity for my business anyway?”
“Am I even ready to be featured in the media?”
“I’m just getting started. Is seeking out publicity a good idea for me right now?”
These are questions I hear all the time from my students and colleagues. And with good reason!
So many entrepreneurs stress out about when and how they should start pitching media.
They don’t think they’re worthy of getting their message in front of thousands of new eyes and ears.
They worry they’re not good enough, or they don’t have anything to say, or the world wouldn’t want to know about them.
And you know what? They’re wrong.
That’s why I’m thrilled to announce: one of my business besties is with us today to help you find the answers to all of the above, and more!
Introducing the publicity powerhouse and connection catalyst: Selena Soo!
Along with being a fantastic friend (you might’ve caught us on vacation together in Sedona on Instagram!), she’s also my go-to person when I need advice on anything from publicity, to strategy, to connections I should be making in the space.
She’s a superstar in the realm of helping entrepreneurs at every stage drum up publicity that can open doors to massive opportunities — even if you’re just getting started.
So in case it wasn’t clear: Today’s video is not to be missed, no matter what level you’re at in your business, or how much you think you need publicity right now.
(Selena is also giving away 179 Unique Story Ideas you can use to get media attention – for FREE. It’s an incredible resource, and you can download it at the bottom of the page.)
Click below to watch the video, where Selena and I talk about:
- How to know if you’re ready to start getting publicity for your business
- Why you don’t need a perfect website, or even a long list of client success stories to land great media opportunities
- Her first form of publicity — and the guest post that sent her career skyrocketing
- The most common mistakes people make in media pitches (and how you can avoid them)
- How to get people interested in you before you even send the pitch
… and more.
Loved the video? Then you’ll absolutely adore Selena’s FREE Media Calendar.
(Seriously, it’s one of the most powerful free resources I’ve ever seen online.)
Inside, Selena shows you the EXACT stories the media (and your customers) want to hear — and WHEN to pitch them.
In her FREE 2017 “Publicity Insider” Calendar, you’ll get…
- 52 weeks of unique story ideas (remember, all you need is ONE good story idea to get on the Today Show or be in Entrepreneur magazine)
- A calendar of 100+ “special” dates throughout the year (the media LOVES stories that are timely and relevant…I’ll show you how to give them exactly what they want)
- Insider tips on pitching (so your email doesn’t get lost, and the media says “yes!” to you)
Click here to download.
Then: keep us updated! We’d love to hear how your publicity efforts are rolling.
Above all: Enjoy the journey!
This post first appeared on She Takes On The World | Women Entrepreneurs & Leaders, please read the originial post: here