It is important to master the common features of French Bull dogs before owning one. These features will help you to care for your frenchie. These dogs are classified among the funniest dogs on the planet.
Important Features of French Bull Dogs
1. Grooming – Keep the ears clean to prevent bacterial infections. A damp cotton swab should be used to clean the ears. The folds of a frenchie should also be kept clean. Ensure there are no cracks on the pads of the feet. The nails should also be trimmed oftenly. A frenchie should only be bathed occasionally. This is because too much bathing can dry their skin. A french Bull Dog only needs a monthly bathe with mild soap. This is necessary to prevent the skin from becoming itchy, flaky and dry. The dog should also be brushed weekly. This is essential in order to stimulate the oils in the skin and remove loose hair.
2. Physical Exercise – They should not be exercised in extreme heat. This is because they are easily over heated. They also need supervision when exercising around water because they are not good swimmers. They are also not good runners. Frenchies only enjoy short walks during moderate temperatures.
3. Temperament – A french bull dog is a playful companion, bodyguard, an extreme lover and the best friend. They are very affectionate to any one they come in contact with. A frenchie therefore demands a lot of attention.
Tips about Rearing a Frenchie Puppy
- Strings, needles and sharp objects such as pins and sewing needles should be kept out of puppy’s reach.
- All electrical outlets around the puppy’s confinement area should be covered.
- The puppy should always be under supervision whether outside or inside the confinement area. The puppy should also be kept off high decks, upper porches and balconies. This is vital to prevent the puppy from falling.
- Sleeping bed or crate – A comfortable sleeping bed for your puppy is needed to make him comfortable when sleeping. A crate is necessary to provide a sleeping den for the puppy.
- Toys – Hard rubber balls, nylon chews and large rawhide chips are good toys for your frenchie puppy. These toys are essential for physical exercise.
- Water bowls and food – Stoneware or stainless steel bowls are the best. They need to be small in size at first. Larger ones should be provided as he puppy grows. The puppy needs to have a separate bowl for water and food. This is necessary to keep the puppy’s feeding area clean.
In summary, a frenchie is a favorite pet in many households. The most important thing is just to master the common features of a french bull dog. It is also necessary to understand their behavior from pupilage stage to maturity. Cleanliness is of paramount importance when rearing these dogs.