Previously available behind paywalls, the number of online tools to get a closer understanding of Property market trends contines to grow.
We spoke to Gavin Brazg, founder and CEO of The Advisory on PropCast – a market educational tool dubbed as the UK’s first House Selling Weather forecast. We explore the following:
- What ‘The Advisory’ does and how this established (and recently updated) portal can help property buyers and sellers alike;
- Asking price biases and why over 50% of sellers struggle to shift their homes on the open market;
- A brief outline of what PropCast is, why it was set up, how it differs from other online property research tools;
- The dysfunctional relationship between estate agents and the public;
- Why estate agents “don’t win instructions by telling the truth”;
- How the data found on PropCast is sourced, cleansed and applied to the UK property market;
- How home sellers can observe whether their local market “hot”, “cold” or “somewhere in between”;
- How sellers can maximise their use of the platform and effectively market their properties;
- What to do if a property has been on the market for a while and getting no offers;
- Some advice for people who have missed the ‘golden window of opportunity’ to sell their property;
- How property type, micro-markets (‘markets within markets’) and other idiosyncratic factors can influence sales velocity.
The post PropCast – The UK House Selling Weather Forecast appeared first on PS Investors Blog.