Well, you have got your new Leather Holster to carry your firearm, but are not yet sure regarding how to break the holster in, right? It’s very normal that the leather holster may be tight and stiff at the beginning. You simply need to break it in. The process is simple, and you would require some crude accessories like a grocery bag, your gun, and the holster.
Most individuals panic after purchasing the holster regarding its fit. Therefore, the professionals at Black Hills Leather have come up with this comprehensive guide, which would sort the issue out. However, before you break the leather holster in, make sure to loosen the re-tension screws in the leather holster.
Steps to follow to break in your leather holster seamlessly
Here, we have provided you with a step-by-step guide to break in your leather holster:
- Make sure your gun is unloaded and place it into the plastic bag. Insert it in such a way that the gun’s muzzle reaches the end.
- Be gentle and firm while you push the gun into the holster. Use your thumb, so that the slide does not move backward.
- Once done, leave the gun in the same position overnight. During this time, the fibers would relax and stretch a little. Make sure not to pull the gun out immediately, as it would not do any good.
- The next day, when you remove the gun from the plastic bag and the holster, you would have to apply some force. Do not hold the holster in such a position that you would be applying the pressure on the frame, trigger guard, or slide of the gun. Otherwise, you would find it even more difficult to remove.
- Now insert the gun without the plastic bag into the holder. By this time, the holster should grip the gun firmly. Now, the holster would continue breaking in as you continue using it.
- However, if you find that the holster is too tight, repeat the process along with the plastic bag for a few more days to yield the desired results.
What not to do when you break in your leather holster
- One of the common mistakes people end up committing is using a lubricant while breaking in the leather holster. Make sure not to use any leather lightening material, spray silicone, or grease in the process. Applying these products may make your holster excessively slippery. Under such conditions, the gun might unintentionally slide outside the holster.
- Besides, lubricating the interiors of your holster might mess up the looks of your firearm. You wouldn’t like to have a tarnished gun. Remember, branded holsters come with hand-finished interiors, that keep your firearm protected.
- Do not submerge the holster in any type of chemical, liquid, or water.
Well, breaking in your holster would be easy, when you adhere to the right process. For more information on leather holsters, reach out to us at Black Hills Leather. You may dial our number +1 (956) 436-1611, or send us an email at [email protected]
The post Tips to Break-in Your Leather Holster the Perfect Way appeared first on Black Hills Leather Store.
This post first appeared on Black Hills Leather Store Offer Leather Accessories To Keep Your Gun In Stylish Way, please read the originial post: here