Central Valley, New York
Responsible for assisting customers with transfer of merchandise can be from one cart to another or loading into a customer's vehicle. Maintain the parking lot clean and organized. Assist as back-up to Porter.
• Assist customers in loading merchandise into vehichles
• Assist Cashiers and customers with cart to cart transfers as needed.
• Maintains parking lot clean and organized by removing garbage such as empty boxes, and plastic containers customers may leave behind and by returning carts to their assigned areas.
• Performs minor repairs on carts such as tightening nuts and bolts.
• Backs-up Porter when needed. This includes cleaning restrooms, restocking paper in bathrooms and breakrooms, assisting with spills, emptying garbage and other such duties.
• May be called upon to assist in stocking and moving merchandise
• Performs other work-related duties as required and assigned.
Education, Experience and Skills Required:
• Commitment to company values and strong customer orientation.
• Lift/Carry Abilities (measured for maximum or average load)
• Lift - 100 lbs
• Carry strength (50' or less) - 50 lbs
• Frequent lift/carry (> 12x/hour) - 50 lbs
• Constant lift/carry (> 30x/hr) - 20 lbs
• Push/Pull - 500lbs
• Physical Aptitudes (rated based on level of skill involved)
• Agility/dynamic balance 80-100%
• Finger dexterity - 80-100%
• Manual dexterity - 80 - 100%
• Posture Tolerance (rated based on frequency or time involved)
• Stand/walk - constantly
• Reach above shoulder level - occasionally
• Twist/turn head - constantly
• Bend over/stoop - frequently
• Climb steps/ladder - occasionally
• Kneel/squat - occasionally
• Requires frequent exposure to ambient temperatures as most work is performed outdoors.
• Equipment in motion (forklifts, electric pallet jacks, scooters, floor scrubbers).