New York, NY, USA
Catria Modern Italian
Catria Modern Italian, a new concept located in the Marriott Courtyard Hudson Yards, is seeking a Junior Sous Chef!
If you are interested in taking the first step in your culinary career, we would like to meet with you! Please put the position you're applying for in the subject line and copy and paste your resume into the body of the email. We'll be responding to qualified candidates to set up interviews for this week.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
Our ideal candidate will have a strong work ethic, open availability, a drive to succeed and a great sense of humor. We are looking for someone who is energetic and highly motivated and possesses the qualities outlined below.
- A minimum of three years' experience working in a fast paced, high volume kitchen. Three professional references are required.
- In depth knowledge of kitchen operations, food and cooking techniques.
- Exceptional leadership, organization, communication, and relationship skills.
- Proven ability to think critically and make sound decisions in a high-pressure work environment.
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills, and the ability to multitask.
- A great understanding of restaurant finance, and the ability to operate within budgets for COGS and labor, and general expense control/overview.
- A desire to exceed guest expectations.
- Experience with training, coaching and customer service.
- Possess NYC DOH Food Handler's Certificate.
- Open availability.
- Supervise the preparation and execution of food items.
- Control and minimize waste and theft.
- Select, train, and monitor all BOH employees
- Ensure the kitchen is prepared and "A" ready at all times for health inspections.
- Manage hourly kitchen staff through scheduling, payroll, hiring, training and coaching.
- Expedite during service.
- Calculate food cost and labor cost.
- Develops policies and procedures to enhance and measure quality; continually updates written policies and procedures to reflect state-of-the-art techniques, equipment and terminology.
- Ensures proper staffing for maximum productivity and high standards of quality; controls food and payroll costs to achieve maximum profitability.
- Schedules and coordinates the work of chefs, cooks and other kitchen employees to assure that food preparation is economical and technically correct and within budgeted labor cost goals.
- Create and execute specials for service.
- Monitor food production, ordering, costing, consistency, and quality.
- Attend financial meetings with management team and executive teams. Address any opportunities with a sense of urgency.
- Actively work with purveyors to build and maintain relationships and retain competitive pricing.
- Lead pre-shift meetings with FOH team and oversee culinary staff education.
- Inspire excellence and build camaraderie and team morale.
- Abide by and uphold company policies and standards, as well as state sanitations/health regulations.
- Ensure and maintain safe and secure working conditions/environment and ensure the cleanliness and sanitation of kitchen facilities and equipment.
- Assist Executive Chef in other areas as needed.
Catria Modern Italian provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.