Lansing, MI, USA
Job Opportunity Job ID: 18402 Positions Location: Lansing, MI Job Description General Purpose of Job: Description:
Positions Location: Lansing, MIJob Description
General Purpose of Job:
Facilitate the production and delivery of Food and service as it pertains to the Room Service program at Sparrow's main campus, as well as the St. Lawrence Campus.
This job description is intended to cover the minimum essential duties assigned on a regular basis. Caregivers may be asked to perform additional duties as assigned by their leader. Leadership has the right to alter or modify the duties of the position.
- Assume leadership role in the absence of the Room Service Manager
- Take ownership of all aspects of Room Service, including scheduling, staffing, food production (in conjunction with chefs), customer service, financial performance, safety and sanitation.
- Facilitate and direct daily department activity
- Demonstrate and encourage exceptional internal and external customer service through all phases of Room Service.
- Maintain adequate staffing levels for Room Service Staff (dish room, meal servers), Specialists, Room Service Cooks (in conjunction with the Executive Chef), including hiring, training, scheduling, evaluation and discipline.
- Use evidence based best practices to influence the continuous improvement of the Room Service Program
- Monitor performance of all Room Service Related Caregivers, providing education and coaching as required
- Assist dietetic interns through the room service portion of their program requirements
- Coordinate with Room Service Manager, Clinical Nutrition Manager, Executive Chef and Director to ensure consistent high-quality service throughout the department.
- Utilize a proactive approach to leadership and communication
- Provide constructive feedback to associates
- Maintain hospital standards through speech and action, leading by example to support and demonstrate ICARE Values
- Maintain safety and sanitation standards
- Initiate and oversee equipment repairs
Sparrow Health System is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Job Family Management/Professional Requirements: Shift Variable Degree Type / Education Level Associate Status Full-time Facility Sparrow Hospital Experience Level 4-9 Years