Charlotte, NC, USA
Job Description Summary:
Interested in a stunning property with growth potential? A NEW place to expand your knowledge and utilize your abilities? Join us at the Roanoke Valley's premier, four diamond, Hotel Roanoke & Conference Center! Discover our beautiful, historic hotel at .
Inspiring ways to "Be the Difference" with every guest and employee interaction. We've created a place where YOU feel at home with an excellent working environment that encourages our "Be the Difference" Culture.
We provide benefits for all Full-time employees such as; Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short-term and Long-term disability, Critical Illness and Accidental Insurance. Generous PTO plans and Holiday Pay. Company 401k and Employee Assistance Program is available to ALL employees as well as Hotel Discounts under two different hotel travel plans.
Think this sounds like a fit for you? Apply now…we would love to have you on our team!
BASIC FUNCTION: The Executive Sous Chef is responsible for assisting the Executive Chef with the overall food service, throughout the property, and providing the optimal service possible while operating within predetermined budgetary limitations.
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, TRAINING, & WORK EXPERIENCE
* Associate degree in culinary arts or equivalent apprenticeship.
* Minimum five (5) years culinary management experience in a high volume, first class hotel/resort or restaurant.
* Experience supervising a team of twenty or more employees.
* Understanding of theory and methods behind food prep and production.
* Positive attitude, creative, innovative and assertive personality.
* Excellent communication skills, in delegating, training, and sanitation. Lead by example with work ethic, leadership.
* Be a Leader - Thinks globally taking ownership of department's vision, high expectations on quality and presentation, productivity and food cost controls
* Advanced knowledge of banquet operations in hospitality environment, supervision and staffing for all kitchen areas and satellite locations.
* Maintain an adequate supply of all food, paper & sundry supplies used in the execution of all food related events.
* Ensure all purchases are made using the specifications set by the Executive Chef making appropriate recommendations when specification changes are warranted.
* Inspect all storage areas to insure that the best sanitation possible is maintained and that all equipment is functioning properly.
* Assure that sufficient quantities of pre-prepared items are available to meet projected demands and are stored in a manner, which increases their usefulness, as well as maintain quality.
* Ensure all cost control measures and recipe standards are in place and maintained with full SOP procedures documented and understood.
* Advanced knowledge of menu engineering and conceptual techniques related to creativity, trends, dietary and budgetary limitations.
* Ability to communicate effectively with clients, working closely with sales team effectively in idea generation, guiding and executing their needs.
* Select menu recipes which offer a product that illustrates maximum impact on presentation, taste and nutritional balance while meeting cost control standards.
* Consistently monitor performance levels, promoting a cohesive teamwork environment, mentoring and delegating effectively with sous chefs and team leaders
* Responsible for maintaining adequate training programs for kitchen personnel.
* Prepare teammate performance reviews under the guidance of executive chef.
* Inventory excess production for use on menu or conversion into extenders.
* Responsible for the sanitation of all food preparation and storage areas and equipment.
* Inspect all equipment for proper maintenance and report deficiencies to Engineering.
* Ensure that requests and specifications in the function sheets are provided on a timely basis.
* Assist Executive Chef in writing the schedules
* Maintain Ecosure standards per inspections and training manual, line checks, temp logs, labeling, cooling log, food log etc
* Be responsible for and maintain a high level of cleanliness, sanitation and organization at all times including uniform and hygiene standards
* Constantly coordinate with room supervisors so that production is scheduled as reservations dictate.
* Perform other related duties as requested by the Executive Chef.
* Make profit improvement recommendations to the Executive Chef.
* Practice safety standards and report any unsafe conditions to the Executive Chef.
* Responsible for care of equipment.
* Remain alert, courteous and helpful to the guests at all times.
WHAT WE ARE:
* 330 Room Hotel and Conference Center with over 60, 000 sq. feet of meeting space.
* Located in Roanoke, VA.
WHY WORK FOR US:
* Awesome Employee Events & Recognition
* Paid Time Off & Holiday Pay
* Medical Benefits
* Employee Travel Program
* Employee purchase plans and many other awesome perks!
Executive Sous Chef - Hotel Roanoke & Conference Center - Relocate to
Charlotte, NC, USA